Skip to content

IWD1 & 2 Crashing on Startup

UlysissUlysiss Member Posts: 18
Hey all,

Have a bit of a problem with the above games crashing on start up. The install is completely free of mods, bar one - Widescreen. Can anyone verify whether Widescreen works on these games? Can I have it installed on multiple IE games at once? (I currently have it on BGT) below is the error I'm getting:

"An Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line number 605 Programmer says: Unablee to open bif:data\GUIFont.bif"

Any help would be apprciated, I really want to play through these games again, without the horrible resolution.

Cheers

Comments

• ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    I recently bought IWD1+2 and had trouble at first with installing the widescreen mod (thats the only one I hve installed). Didn't seem to like my native resolution of 1920x1080 but when I changed it down to 1650x1080 it worked fine. I had to re-install IWD1 first though.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    It looks like a GUI issue. Have you changed the GUI at any point at all? It may be worth a re-install.

I have widescreen mods working on IWD, BG1 (in Tutu) and BG2. You need to install each widescreen mod to each game separately (as it stores all the details in the widescreen subfolder within the game)

I had to install an extra support file for BG1 as I added in the BG1 GUI mod. I then had to uninstall this and reinstall widescreen when I decided to get rid of the BG1 GUI.