Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Dragon Age: Origins - Custom Morrigan Sound Set + Portrait

StorytellerStoryteller Member Posts: 35
edited May 2016 in General Modding
So I had an idea for an evil female mage with plenty of sass to go through the Baldur's Gate Trilogy, and the archetype I kept going back to in my mind was none other than Morrigan. So I figure why not her? Of course I'll probably take a different name to keep immersion for the story (but then again, maybe not). Thus I set about scouring the Internet for a perfect portrait.

That was when I realized that so much of the character is lost without Claudia Black's amazing vocal performance, and I just had to go the whole hog. So I spent around seven hours going through over 180 minutes of 2-10 second clips of Morrigan's sound files to find the perfect clips for each piece of a custom sound set that has quickly become my favorite. The recording is high quality and blends perfectly with the other voices in game.

Then I figured, why put in all that work only to enjoy it to myself? Surely someone out there might benefit?

The sound set is 99% complete and should be fully functional with both BG1 and 2, missing only a third Battle Cry (which frankly I figured was unnecessary), so you can use this voice for any female character with a bit of snark about her. There is a decidedly dark bent to any character using this voice, or at least a dark sense of humor, so it probably shines best with evil characters.

MORRIGAN SOUND SET

Battle Cry - "You are a fool!"
Becoming Leader - "Follow me then, if it pleases you."
Tired - "And, suddenly, I grow very weary."
Bored - "Well, let's get on with it before the ground opens up and swallows us, yes?"
Badly Wounded - "Oh, slay it! And quickly!"
Selected 1 - "What do you wish of me?"
Selected 2 - "What do you want?"
Selected 3 - "Is there something specific?"
Acknowledgement 1 - "Indeed."
Acknowledgement 2 - "A most practical opinion."
Acknowledgement 3 - "Have it your way."
Being Hit - *Grunt*
Dying - "Don't be a fool...I am already lost."
In Forest - "If the wilds have taught me anything, 'tis this: first, you must survive."
In City - "There are things about human society that has always puzzled me; such as the touching! Why all the touching for a simple greeting?"
In Dungeon - "Is it true, then, that given enough time the prisoner will learn to love the cell?"
Daytime - "I am no frail flower wilting at the first heat!"
Nighttime - "Oooh, you fear barbarians will swoop down upon you?"
Acknowledgement 4 - "Do not speak to me of trivialities."
Acknowledgement 5 - "Mmm."
Acknowledgement 6 - "Yes?"
Acknowledgement 7 - "Beg pardon, then, while I jump for joy."
Reaction to Party Member Death - "I trust I am supposed to be SHOCKED and DISMAYED...don't make me laugh."
Rare Select 1 - "Your desire?"
Rare Select 2 - *Sigh* "Yes. Here I am."
Critical Hit Given - *Hysterical laughter*
Critical Miss - *Snort* "Are you truly serious?"
Target Immune - "Ugh, you are determined to be tiresome aren't you?"
Inventory Full - "Possibly, if I had the desire to. I do not."
Successfully Picked Pocket - "Hmm. Child's play."
Successfully Hid in Shadows - "Do I appear a stalking predator ready to leap upon her find? There is no reason to fear me."
Spell Disrupted - "Was I hurt? What manner of simpering weakling do you take me for?"
Set a Trap - "If you had a notion to learn such a skill for yourself, sadly, you must remain disappointed."
Battle Cry 2 - "Good, kill it, and then we can be off."
Selected 6 - "Would it not be easier to simply poke at me with a stick?"
Acknowledgement 8 - "Typical."

INSTALLATION

Unpack the Sound Set using WinRAR, then copy and paste the files to:

C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/lang/en_US/sounds

During character creation, choose Custom4 for your voice.

Enjoy!

THE FILES

justfeelinathomeamyae