Skip to content

Female periods/mood swings

ryu1ryu1 Member Posts: 76
edited October 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
[This post is not intended to offend anyone, rather than to poke a little fun at a fact of nature. Apologies to any females offended...and effeminate males]

I thought it would be quite a hilarious idea if the female party members experience their hormonal change after, lets say, 28 days in game-time. This could cause their phrases/speeches to change drastically such as when selecting them or performing an action. I noticed some funny new phrases from other posts which could fit in well here.

Eg, when selecting someone: "What in the bloody Nine-Hells do you want now?" Or when selecting them to attack: "I'm already bleeding, now it's your turn!" Would also be fun to see how males react aswell.

I just thought of this while daydreaming one day of a scenario: 'As Khalid and Jaheira are walking with the party, Khalid says "Penny for your thoughts, my dear love, on this fine sunny day?" Jaheira turns to him, "Penny for my thoughts?!?! Is that a crack at me because I'm a female and I'm too stupid to think?!?! Well I'll tell you what I think! Your annoying snoring last night kept me up, which was also made worse by your clinking of armour..." As Jaheira continues to rant, Khalid sighs deeply and thinks to himself "Tis times like this that I wish I was gay"'

A very stupid idea I know, but I thought it would be funny :)

Comments

• lunarhalolunarhalo Member Posts: 71
    I wonder how the nether scrolled Edwin(a) would deal with that kind game setup.

It might be funny, if done correctly, but the effort probably wouldn't be worth the payoff.
  • ryu1ryu1 Member Posts: 76
    probably not although I did enjoy the comments Edwin(a) made, particularly with Anomen.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    no realy. Just the thought of it seems (dont want to be rude) and scriver said it all!!!
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    I've got another hilarious idea. For male PCs, why don't we replace the Bhaal dreams with wet dreams while we're at it?
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Silence said:

I've got another hilarious idea. For male PCs, why don't we replace the Bhaal dreams with wet dreams while we're at it?

When he has wet dreams, he doesn't get his usual special abilities. Instead he'll get the spells Color Spray and Web.
    Silence
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    lol why would this be offensive to effeminate males? I'm not offended by this in the slightest. Contrary to popular belief, effeminate males don't have periods...
    CyricSpawn[Deleted User]Mortianna
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Some ideas are best kept to one's self...this is one of them.
    LordsDarkKnight185KilivitzLiaTabrisMoomintroll
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Xavioria said:

lol why would this be offensive to effeminate males? I'm not offended by this in the slightest. Contrary to popular belief, effeminate males don't have periods...

Feminist males, on the other hand... *ahem*
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    er... I... nevermind...
    lolien
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    ryu1 said:

I thought it would be quite a hilarious idea if the female party members experience their hormonal change after, lets say, 28 days in game-time. This could cause their phrases/speeches to change drastically such as when selecting them or performing an action. I noticed some funny new phrases from other posts which could fit in well here.

[...]

A very stupid idea I know, but I thought it would be funny :)

Yes. Very stupid. All the more reason why someone needs to create a "Belt of Sex-Changing" (Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity) IRL so some men would get some first-hand experience so they could understand that menstruation does not entail being bitchy. Some women just get cramps and handle them quite well without dramatic event, thank you very much.

Btw, @Aosaw - a feminist male is simply someone who endorses the radical notion that women are people too.
    LordsDarkKnight185Kilivitz
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Hmm I think I may actually be slightly stupider for having read this.
    MortiannaBrude
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Mortianna said:

Btw, @Aosaw - a feminist male is simply someone who endorses the radical notion that women are people too.

I think he was actually responding to the part about guys not being offended, not the part about not having periods. Aosaw is very much against sexism.
    Deelolien
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Jalily @Aosaw My misunderstanding. I was probably still disoriented after reading the OP's feature request.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Speaking as a female player, no. It would be like having the male characters intelligence and wisdom drop by 10 points when he sees a pretty girl. (The "Hey, watch me try to impress you, so you'll sleep with me!" shtick) Let me just say that All the facepalms in the world aren't enough. And if I wanted to be offensive, I'd say that this is why people think you have no experience with real-world women.

I don't feel like going on a rant, because it is that time and my back is killing me. So let's just leave it at, "No." okay?

Brude
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I clearly haven't been reading the boards enough.
    BrudeJalilylolien
This discussion has been closed.