Skip to content

Unlimited resurrections.

RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
In my current playthrough I'm at the end of Throne of Bhaal, and when my allies die I spawn a planetar to revive and heal them.

But is there any other way to do it early game? I used a rod of resurrections + Simulacrum to restore them, but the wand still disappeared without a trace. I really hate to spend a level 5 slot on Raise dead, since I barely use Viconia and Jaheira doesn't get many of those slots early game. I played a fighter/Mage and plan on doing a sorcerer run.

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    If you sell a Rod of Resurrection with one charge, you can buy it back with full (10) charges.
    I assume you know that priests at the various temples can also raise party members?
    Also, you could load up on scrolls of Raise Dead from various venders around town.

Or, maybe, be slightly more careful with your chums? :smile:
    I usually give everyone at least one Invisibility Potion as their "last resort" option... if they hit near death and I don't have time to rescue them by other means, they chug the pot and run for the hills!
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    The idea is to try and look after your party (bear in mind that Resurrection has been nerfed in BG - a character should lose 1 point of Con permanently every time they're resurrected).
  • RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    abacus said:

If you sell a Rod of Resurrection with one charge, you can buy it back with full (10) charges.
    I assume you know that priests at the various temples can also raise party members?
    Also, you could load up on scrolls of Raise Dead from various venders around town.

Or, maybe, be slightly more careful with your chums? :smile:
    I usually give everyone at least one Invisibility Potion as their "last resort" option... if they hit near death and I don't have time to rescue them by other means, they chug the pot and run for the hills!

Oh, I never thought of this. Thanks for the advice, I've played for over 9 years and it's amazing how I still can learn new things.
    dunbar said:

The idea is to try and look after your party (bear in mind that Resurrection has been nerfed in BG - a character should lose 1 point of Con permanently every time they're resurrected).

Yea I know, but sacrifices must sometimes be made. Since when? Gotta load up my save and check the cons of them then, sh*t.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    The computer games never applied the Con loss rule - so your saves are OK.
  • RobertMcDuckRobertMcDuck Member Posts: 133
    dunbar said:

The computer games never applied the Con loss rule - so your saves are OK.

Good, that would be a disaster.

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I never use the rod of resurrection to raise people, but to heal them first. I usually make a simulacrum and have that character stand back. The rod will heal fully from a distance.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    It's Raise Dead which should inflict the -1 CON penalty. Resurrection has no penalty applied.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    if I can recall way back in the day, I don't think it was supposed to be -1 CON when you got revived but rather you only had a certain chance to come back to life, in the vanilla BG manual there is a column stating that your CON determines what your resurrection % is with 18 CON being 100 if im not mistaken

although it could have been another one of those things where they had it in the manual and not in the game sort of thing ( like the wisdom bonus to saves column) because I can recall when I first played BG and my team mates were dieing ALL the time and only once could I not resurrect them

I remember one time in BG the city I had branwen and jaheira and I believe they both died in the ogre mage building that has 5 ogre mages, anyways, if I recall they both had -10 HP and when I went to go revive them, nothing happened ( I don't know how they had -10 HP and this happened like 15 years ago so I cant quite remember what the situation was)

now im not to familiar with core PnP rules, but BG in no way ever had a mechanic where you were supposed to lose 1 CON from being raised from the dead, but of coarse the BG series neglected a lot of the PnP rules and implemented them to their taste so that could be another reason why
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    [Sound of a record being scratched]
    ogre mage building with 5 ogre mages? Please sir, where is this magical place?

Oh, and as for the OP. You can always memorize the spell, rest, resurrect, memorize other spell, rest and be on with it.

Role play wise, resting for a day over dying seems justifiable. Sure, i'm a level 1 commoner irl, but i have to rest for 2 days from a head cold.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    It's the building marked Ogre Mages (door is locked which is why you may have missed it).

• FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    Baldurs gate: the game keeps on giving