Skip to content

Invitation to check out my Big World Project Mega-mod Let's Play

SyvishtarSyvishtar Member Posts: 1
I'd like to invite anyone interested to check out and follow my Let's Play of the Big World Project 10.2 that I am doing on the Something Awful forums and the Spellhold Studios forums. The Let's Play is about one year old, is just about to reach Baldur's Gate the city, and features a ton of audience participation.

The first way that the audience participates is by voting on major plot decisions. I am going with the idea that my character is a chaotic neutral wild mage, and always listens to the voices in his (or her) head. The voices in his head are you, the audience, and I regularly poll the thread to decide what to do next. This includes directions to travel, quests to complete, and even general things such as whether to aim at being good or evil.

The second way that the audience participates is that I take votes on which NPCs should be in my party, and arrange them from most popular to least popular. I take the 5 most popular and start playing. If (when) they die, I travel to the nearest temple, resurrect them, send them off to the Jovial Juggler Inn in Beregost, and pick up the next-most-popular NPC. Sometimes I end up working my way through the entire roster, sacrificing life after life in my relentless quest for a little peace of mind and freedom from constant assassination attempts.

Finally, I never, ever reload, unless I personally die. As a wild mage playing the Tactical level installation of the Big World Project, this often results in hilarious disasters. I have been party to the complete annihilation of my party on several occasions, such as having to retreat in shame from the first assault on the Bandit Camp and being cut off from the Song of the Morning Temple for several months due to extremely powerful mercenaries camping out there that killed half of the in a moment. Also, as a wild mage, my magic has been directly responsible for more party deaths than I'd care to remember. It is also responsible for keeping me poor, because in addition to paying for tons of resurrections, I seem to always get the Wild Surge: Gold Vanishes every time I do manage to save up a little cash.

So if you like Baldur's Gate, like magic, and want to see a tiny little level 1 elf wild mage slowly turn into a golden glowing god(dess), check it out!

The main thread with the most activity and hilarity is here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3435303&pagenumber=1

The secondary thread, which you may want to use if you don't have a somethingawful.com account and still want to vote, is located here: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/53006-syvishtars-journal/

Right now we have reached a major milestone, with the completion of almost every plot point outside the city of Baldur's Gate. We will be collecting votes on the composition of the party that will travel to Baldur's Gate for the first time, so now is a great time to start voting. I look forward to everyone's participation!