Skip to content

Special powers buff?

RamiellRamiell Member Posts: 58
Hello there, I was pondering about Charname so called ''special powers'' , as in my opinion they don't feel sp special after all, especially if you play as evil character. I mean what is so special about being able to cast Larloch's minor drain twice a day? Good char skills are better, but still, Cure light wounds loses it's value fast. Surely as a child of a god we deserve something a bit more spectacular? Also, why are they based upon reputation rather than character ? My idea would be skill that become stronger as we level up, for example Cure light wounds would evolve into Cure Medium wounds and so on till we get Heal spell, same with Larloch's drain would drain more hp of enemies.

Comments

• ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    I guess there's only so much divine essence avalaible for all the (quite numerous) spawns scourging the Realms. Now maybe if you were to kill lots of your siblings and had a way to infuse yourself with their power you could get a better deal but barring that you're probably stuck with the few powers you have. It makes sense to me : the more you spread your essence, the thinner it's going to be. A god able to sire as many demigods as he wants could probably raise a mighty scary army in no time (well, in about 15 years, and that's using orcs. But still)
    Of course, the result is that those powers can feel a little underwhelming (like when you're playing a good priest, thank god for redundancy I guess)

As for the powers being determined by your reputation, it probably comes from the fact that when all is said and done, all you got from your father was power. It might be tainted by the essence of the evil god but now it's yours, and if you were to decide to use it for good, you would influence it too, remaking it as a force of good. And seeing as rep is supposed to determine how good you are (sort of) that is the metric they used to determine how you influence your heritage.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    I use a mod that improves these powers with character level, some component of aTweaks I think. Cure wounds becomes 8+2/lvl or something, not sure about the other powers compared to their vanilla versions.