Skip to content

Is there a mod that makes either Sendai or Phaere into a playable NPC?

ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
edited October 2012 in General Modding
I've always thought it would be really fun to play with either of Phaere or Sendai in the party. Playing with both would be truly epic. I've found plenty of forums similar to this one where people stated their desire for there to be such mods, and one that mentioned there actually being a mod that made Phaere a playable NPC, but didn't name the mod. I have, however, been unable to find a mod that actually does this for either of them.

Does anyone know where I could find such a mod? If not, is there a simple way that I could make one myself? I've played Baldur's Gate for years, but I've never made a mod before.

Thanks!

Comments

• MojoMojo Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2012
    I tried to find a mod for you, but I couldn't find one myself ether. I guess that's because you'd need to really change a lot of the story elements for this to work properly since the preexisting roles of those 2 NPCs is quite interlinked with several other story elements. You'd need to add a ton of dialog for a ton of NPCs in the game that wouldn't be voice acted, neither would all the "Selected" or "Battle Cry" sounds. Just sounds like a lot of work if you want to do it right. Besides, why would Phaere want to join you anyway? No matter if your good of evil your still not a drow and you loose your disguise when you reach the surface, so I bet she be pissed at you for lying and all. (despite that besides for the underdark quest she has no reason to help you, but I guess you could add a reason for her to join, same as for Sendai)
    And to your question, I wouldn't say that there is a simple way to do this, I mentioned the reasons above. But if you really only want to add a dialog option that makes her/him join your party then I'm sure you'll be able to do that. Might need to tweak some of their stats though as they might be under or overpowered to use as an NPC. I recommend you read into this if your interested in modding: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/36781-comprehensive-ie-modding-tutorial-index/ I'm not sure how much of those lessons will apply to the BG:EE, but since its basically the ToB version of the infinity engine I'd say most of the stuff wont change.
    Post edited by Mojo on