Skip to content

Solo mage run for BG1

13»

Comments

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I thought so but I couldn't quite recall. Well that'd have you up to 17 Charisma which is respectable.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    There's a helm of Glory in a common house in the north district in Baldur's Gate (almost exactly at the top of Baldur's Gate Castle, but a bit for the left) there's 2 persons there, a servant (freaking powerful for a butler) and a not too powerful house owner, the house owner is wearing the helm of glory that add +1 charisma (and +1AC if i'm not wrong).

In the werewolf island maybe some of the items there can add to charisma (i don't remember as i avoid that sub-quest, too boring for me).
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    He's a solo class mage IIRC - no helms!
  • cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    I can't steal stuff either, since the main challenge of my run is not to have anyone else in the party. And I didn't want to act like I'm doing something revolutionary here, just wanted to know everyones opinion on the possibility of a solo mage run. I found it extremely difficult in the first hours of BG2 so wondered if there is some point in BG1 which would render it fully impossible.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    well, do not fight the demonknight, that's my advice, just break the mirror near him. with the Aerc Demon, i don't know why but he's pretty weak to Hold Monster spell, have some of those memorised if you're able to get a lvl 5 spell slot. Do not go to the werewolf island cos i can't see how you gonna overcome a great werewolf regeneration rate also.
  • CandramelekhCandramelekh Member Posts: 109
    kamuizin said:

Do not go to the werewolf island cos i can't see how you gonna overcome a great werewolf regeneration rate also.

Wand of paralization + wand of monsters or the same spells

• cyberhawkcyberhawk Member Posts: 350
    Hmm, interesting. It'd be really cool to fight the Tanar' ri, but my biggest concern is the Tower itself. I'll see about that later in the game.