Skip to content

Small portraits for Non-recruitable NPCs

BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
This is a feature of the mod Aurora's Shoes and Boots whereby NPCs who engage in dialogue have small portraits of their own that show up in the dialogue. Not all NPCs have the small photo show up even with the extensive work of the mod, but most do, I believe. This would be quite nice to apply, however, even if it only applied to dialogue with merchants and, say, Elminster, Drizzt, the Dukes, Sarevok, etc. Not that substantive, but a nice addition, and it might make it easier for modders to add their own or change the official ones if there were a system setup for it.
HeroicSpurTanthalasAlejandroZymran86WardsmeagolheartArmanciacarugaLuneverGlanduinGrogAedan

Comments

• HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    Yep good idea. I think Irenicus in BG2 has his own portrait for dialogue and a few others. It would be merely taking advantage of the existing engine features.
    Lunever
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Yeah, I really liked that mod.
    Lunever
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    doesn't the darkest day mod have this also? but yes, i second that. it really helps the world feel more alive and believable. i think every major(ish) character should have a portrait, although i wonder how much work would it take. if I'm not mistaken in other mods all the portraits are borrowed from another games, I doubt that would be an option here. Still, it is something that should be taken into consideration.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    That's what they are paying the artists for right? They should totally be like "give me 50 36x60 headshots of thieves, 32 peasants and 15 knights stat"

But seriously, it adds a lot to the game, the little portraits of the speaking NPCs.
  • Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
    Would be great to see small portraits on some of the major NPC's like Tazok, Tamoko, Scar, Duke Eltan, and Sarevok etc.
    the portrait Nat Jones did is really great.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    I would love this for important NPC`s. However, doing it for each character in the game, I`m not sure. Don`t take me wrong, It would be amazing as well. But if that much art or hours of work can be better used in other parts of the game, then I would go with something else.
    Tingel
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @alejandro I totally agree about allocation of resources. I'd be more than happy to see it only applied to the main NPCs of the game, as I mentioned above
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    As long as the two most important characters in the game get it, Noober and Biff, I can support this :)
    Zymran86
  • Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
    ill give you a thumb for that one Kore.