Skip to content

Make Helm of Opposite Alignment cause Rangers and Paladins to fall.

bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
i've played a good dorn and it's hilarious - a *good* satanic guy who poisons his enemies and draws life from them?
probably too hilarious.

Comments

• ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    Wouldn´t that only make sense if there would exist a way to atone and get your Paladin/Ranger/Blackguard powers back?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it wouldn't make sense only then, i don't see your logic.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I have never used the Helm of Opposite alignment. So far as game mechanics go, will it change an NPC’s alignment so much that they will not leave the party when a reputation threshold is reached that would normally make them leave?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    as far as i could tell it didn't have any implications other than pure mechanics for purpose of spells and item usability

i know not a lot of people use it but the helm is actually useful, it's not just a flavor item.
    if you put it on dorn he can't be hit by holy smite which can be the most powerful spell in SoD because you can get spell sequencer (via cloak) and combine it with a cleric/mage
    also it effectively relaxes item alignment restrictions (there are significant instances in SoD, also beneficial to dorn if i remember well)
  • totalnoobtotalnoob Member Posts: 1
    Does it switch both poles of alignment, i.e. lawful/chaotic and good/evil? What happens if you put it on a character whose class depends on alignment, i.e. paladin, ranger, monk, thief? Does it have any effect on a true neutral character?