Skip to content

Changing in-game font?

I recently started playing the original release of BG1 from GOG with a few mods and also changed the default fonts to a serif font, Times New Roman like, copied from Icewind Dale. I love how easy it is to read.

After buying BG1EE during a discount I decided it's time to restart with the plan to buy and play Dragonspear and then BG2:EE. Unfortunately, I find the Enhanced Edition's font rather ugly.

I tried changing it in numerous ways, found posts on some forums with rather complex ways to do it but the threads are very old and I'm afraid the methods described simply do not work anymore.

So my question is: how to change the default BG1EE font to something else? Is it possible to generate a font file for the game based on a .ttf? I realize there might be areas of the UI where a different font might screw some things but I'm ready for it ;)

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• soulburnersoulburner Member Posts: 12
    Awesome, thank you. Some additional reading of the hard way was needed, though. The substituted font should be named normal.ttf (for dialog, descriptions, stats...) and stonesml.ttf for buttons and headers. Just changed the dialog font to Lora from Google Fonts and it looks amazing :) Thank you again, never thought it was *that* simple!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I guess it depends on whether you're working with Siege of Dragonspear installed or not; SoD swaps out NORMAL for POSTANTI. They're the same font, so they'll look the same in-game, but yeah, you'll definitely want NORMAL if you don't have SoD installed.
  • soulburnersoulburner Member Posts: 12
    Oh, I see. I plan to buy SoD and BG2EE at a later date. Thank you again :)
  • ArdmorArdmor Member Posts: 11
    Good afternoon. I didn’t find a similar theme for Icewind dale 1 enhanced edition, can you tell me how to increase the font size in Icewind dale 1? I play on Android