Skip to content

How does one change a Magic Item functioning via Charges to Continual Effect using DLTCEP?

HaladrethHaladreth Member Posts: 2
edited May 2016 in BG:EE Mods
I just started BG1EE on my PC again using a character that has max allowable wisdom; hoping to get some of the Maj Def Adj. referenced in the original BG1 manual when I obtain Wisdom increasing items later in the game. Upon reading this forum, I found Enchantment Immunity from high wisdom was never added to either release.

To do a quick fix and emulate the high wisdom trait, I found an item in BG1EE the Greenstone Amulet (AMUL17) that mimics some of the Enchantment Immunity; however, it operates with Charges “protects the wearer of against status effects that effect the mind like charm, confusion, fear, sleep, feeblemind, etc. at the cost of one CHARGE and will last 1 turn.” {Granted it looks like this item's effects would match Enchantment Immunity associated with a Wisdom of 23}

How do I modify/change this item (AMUL17) to a Continuous Effect item using DLTCEP?
Post edited by Haladreth on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2016
    I don't have DLTCEP in front of me at the moment but I think you can just change all the "101: Immunity to Effect" effects to use "Instant/While Equiped" instead of "Instant/Limited"

Then move those effects so that they are global effects.

Edit: Near Infinity is also an option for doing this as well. Personally, I find it easier to use.
    Post edited by elminster on
    Haladreth
  • HaladrethHaladreth Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2016
    Worked perfectly and continuously; thank you! I found the complete list of the 'Protection: from Opcode [101] (particular immunity in HEX)' for AMUL17 in the 'Effect #' under the 'Extended Effects' tab -- and a bunch of other unknown stuff. I ended up building that same [101] list found in AMUL17 under the 'Equipping Effects' tab, using the Girdle of Hill Giant Strength BELT06 as the template and modified its characteristics as needed. So far I've tested it against some enchanting baddies and although the spell status effects appear on my avatar's portrait it is not affected.
    Post edited by Haladreth on