Skip to content

Multi-platform multiplayer delayed

NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 279
Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
We have a long term commitment to make multiplayer easier. Our multi-platform matching system is going to be post-release

I got that from Twitter some minutes ago. Looks like we'll have to wait a bit more to go multiplayer with multiple systems.

Comments

• styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Surprise surprise.
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Huh? I thought that the matching system specifically was always a "post release" kind of feature. (Maybe I'm just making up BG:EE new in my head?).

Does this mean all multiplayer is delayed, or only cross platform & anonymous matching?
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    I only hope they can secure the 30th.Nov and maintain nice quality in BG-EE first
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Wait, so does that mean multi-platform *matchmaking* is delayed until post-release, or multi-platform altogether? (The difference between me matching up with someone random, and, say, my mom on an iPad fully intentionally)

Gonna be a bloody drag if they muck that up. It's one of the biggest things I've been looking forward to.
  • ManveruManveru Member Posts: 75
    @TrentOster
    At launch we're going to require IP addresses for direct connection as our sole means of lining up games.

Just match making is delayed, not multi-platform gaming
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    And that was planned as as post launch feature since waaaay back.. ^^

Don't read your worst fears into everything! Cross platform will work great :-)
  • Fluid29Fluid29 Member Posts: 62
    Good news :) Happy to hear that.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Manveru said:

@TrentOster
    At launch we're going to require IP addresses for direct connection as our sole means of lining up games.

Just match making is delayed, not multi-platform gaming

Thanks very much.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    BTW how many players here are from the UK or other parts of the EU? I might be interested in a multiplayer game after an initial single-player run through, but its hard when your game partners have a big time difference...
  • DolarrahDolarrah Member Posts: 17
    So just to get this straight, if I know my friends IP we can play? Could careless about matchmaking.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Dolarrah

Yes.
  • jolly_bbjolly_bb Member Posts: 122
    @Dolarrah it might not be so easy if you're behind a NAT, which is the case more then often. I'm not a very big expert, but the matchmaking would help a lot.

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Yeah - I think this has been implied for quite a while now. Not that surprising. As long as multiplayer still works on launch then it's fine.

I think most of us would rather see the game released than delayed another few weeks to add a matchmaking system.