Skip to content

Democratic pool for romance content (Gay/Straight)

kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
edited October 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
The intent of this Pool is to give the devs a palpable romance content interest, so we can accumulate votes to give them an quantity idea of people that want straight romance content, gay romance content and the very absent of votes can be latter used to evaluate lack of interest in romances (based on the quantity of people that open this pool and get a marked on the view number)

The on-topic here will be:

-Vote
-Share your reasons for you vote or absent of vote (for gay/straight or even if you don't like romances, the absent of vote)
-agree/like/insight other people post
-Edit: Bump posts to push the thread in the list.

The off-topic here:

-question other people reasons to vote.
-contest other people reasons to vote
-flames, offenses, bad manners
-disguise flames, offenses or bad manners as vote reasons
-any matter that isn't related to reasons for your vote.

You can discuss this more free in the following thread:

Gay Romance
(clean hiperlink: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/4863/gay-romance)

Ps: This Pool is anonymous, you have the right of vote and justify, but also you can vote and don't justify and no one will know what you voted, you can even vote and justify the contrary if you want, no one will stop you from it.
  1. Democratic pool for romance content (Gay/Straight)43 votes
    1. I wish more Gay Romance Content
      44.19%
    2. I wish more Straight Romance Content
      55.81%

Comments

• ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited October 2012
    Why should one exclude the other? Why should I necessarily want more romances of either type? I can't vote given the set of options presented.

Personally I don't care much for romances at all, I'd rather have more non-romantic interactions between NPCs. Imagine being able to ask Minsc for advice or inquiring more about his past. That would be sweet.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    edited October 2012
    I would personally like to see more straight ones - at minimum one or two more for women in BG2, and I don't care if they add a "gay" romance. Would I play through it though? Yes.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    My off-topic (probally the only one if i can help it):

isn't a question of what is fair, just, what other people want or not, it's just an place to vote, if i could make pool without comments i would probally do that.

There's a very long thread announced in my start post where we can discuss everything we want about gay romances, there's also the new romances in BGEE. thread to be used for general romances.

I wish to captalize here personal issues, what you want.

If you "want", note that i'm not asking if it's better or fair, neither if doesn't matter or not about gay content.

If you want for "your" fun more straight content, vote straight. If you want for "your" fun more gay content, vote gay and if you don't care about romance, just justify it ( and only if you want) and it's ok.

If you want gay content as much as you want straight content (exactly 50% for each if we have to use numbers) then i truly missed your opinion in this thread, but an option of 50/50% would lead people in doubt to it, or even would make a deposit of charity votes or support votes. What i'm trying to captalize here is true personal opinions. Any elaborated explanations can be done in the other many romance threads open in this forum.

My (opitional) vote justify:

I voted straight romance content, i did it because i'm straight and i will have more fun with straight content, i have no problem with gay content also today and their add to the game will not make me sad or anger, i could even taste it who knows? But if i have to personally say what i want, it's: straight romance content.

• DrAngryDrAngry Member Posts: 7
    I voted for gay romances because any game, esp. roleplayinggames cannot be considered complete until there are graphic descriptions & depictions of gay romances, preferably pictures similar to the infamous goatse we are all familiar with.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LMTR14LMTR14 Member Posts: 165
    exactly, why should one exclud the other. useless poll
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    I just don't care about romances that much in BG, gay or straight. It's not really why I play the game. There's not content built around going to the bathroom either... I think in all the years I've played AD&D my character got laid like once, and that was by a bar wench. I'd rather focus on adventuring.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    This isn't a democracy. >_>
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    I bet Saervok is a romantic at heart. He enjoys long walks on Sword Coast beaches.
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    I can't vote because the options are too limited. Gay or straight and that's it? You should consider changing this poll to include more options.

With my luck, if I voted in the current poll, we'd get a romance with three more straight females , one arrogant chauvinistic straight male and no one for my gay PCs to love.

I would like both gay and straight romances options for both genders, but NOT by making everyone bisexual. I'm fine with one person being bi, but only if it is addressed in the romance content, with significantly different content for male and female PC, not the exact same dialog with pronouns switched.
    My preference regarding romancable NPCs would be to have :
    3 straight males (e.g. Edwin, Xan, Coran, Kivan, Yeslik, Kagain, Garrick, Ajantis)
    3 straight femeles (e.g. Alora, Safana, Viconia, Bronwyn, Faldorn, Dynaheir)
    1 lesbian (e.g. Shar-Teel, Safana)
    1 gay (e.g. Xan, Garrick, Montaron)
    1 bi (e.g. Viconia, Eldoth)

And that would last me for three years of playing at least.

This discussion has been closed.