Skip to content

Hands on preview on dignews.com

BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
Did one of my compulsory searches for new info on BG:EE today, and stumbled upon a short, but very optimistic hands on preview on the pre-release build of the ipad edition here:
http://www.dignews.com/platforms/pc/pc-previews/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-hands-on/

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Looks promising, almost makes me wanna buy an iPad truth be told, even though I don't like Apple products (I'm more of a pear guy myself XD )

Can't wait to see more full scale reviews for the tablet, that will make my final decision on what I should really do - spend some money on a tablet or not. So far, that's a positive for me :)
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602

Looks promising, almost makes me wanna buy an iPad truth be told, even though I don't like Apple products (I'm more of a pear guy myself XD )

Can't wait to see more full scale reviews for the tablet, that will make my final decision on what I should really do - spend some money on a tablet or not. So far, that's a positive for me :)

I'm a "pear guy" myself when it comes to pc, but I've never understood the whole dislike of apples products..
    I've owned an iPad, iPad 2, an iPad 3 and an iPhone in addition to my pc. I still use and enjoy my pc, but I'm using my iPad for a lot of stuff I used to do on my pc now, for instance, I'm posting this on my iPad 3, while sprawling on my couch, and my iPad is being used to everything from gaming and surfing the web to reading books and making music on.

It's a very, very useful product. It may not be for everyone, but I would urge people to at least borrow one for a couple of days before passing judgement.. :-)

I'm looking forward to playing BG:EE on both my iPad and pc, in fact, I'm not sure when I'm gonna make the time to actually sleep in addition to work, family and this game.. :-)
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Guessing that's fake, unless someone is ignoring NDAs and those guys somehow managed to install a beta on a jailbroken iOS device.

That "review" contains no new, specific information and seems primarily made up of publicly available screenshots.

So yeah. Fake.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Brude said:

Guessing that's fake, unless someone is ignoring NDAs and those guys somehow managed to install a beta on a jailbroken iOS device.

That "review" contains no new, specific information and seems primarily made up of publicly available screenshots.

So yeah. Fake.

Actually since PAX 2012 I saw couple of previews based on playing Baldurs Gate:EE on Ipad during the event.

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    What @Brude said; there's just about zero useful information in that preview.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    There's a couple of screenshots I haven't seen before.
    I know for a fact that a build was sent to different game reviewers prior to the expected sept. release, and this looks to be one of them.
    TouchArcade.com is one of them, and they mentioned it on a podcast just prior to the delay announcement.
    They decided not to do a preview after the delay.

I don't believe they're breaking any agreements, as they don't reveal much, however, I posted the link here because of the positive tone of the "preview", and I think that's a good thing, as Beamdog doesn't seem to do much on the Public Relations for the game.

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Shin said:

What @Brude said; there's just about zero useful information in that preview.

Plus the name of the dude's main is "Andrew the Great". Minus 50 right there. You must RELOAD LIFE.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Did it occur to any of you that they might not be allowed to post new screenshots that haven't been released or approved by Overhaul?

I'm not saying it's real or fake, but just because they used stock images rather than screencapturing their iPad doesn't mean that the whole thing is a hoax.