Skip to content

Clairvoyance spell

Confused about this spell. Thought is was the answer to being able to see secret doors leading to other cave rooms without access but still no passageway, so obvious that assumtion was incorrect. What am I missing?

Once again, I am not looking for spoilers (I could go to other sites for that). Just would like some insight as to if I am fully understanding this spell.

Comments

• TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 209
    It works only outdoors, and it reveals the map. I don´t think it shows secret doors, as there are very few outside, and the spell doesn´t work indoors.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    As Tarlugn said. For the most part, it is worthless, except for us who get super annoyed by that little (or not so little) smudge of black on a map that we just can't clear by walking.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Wizard Eye is much more useful, in my opinion.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    I implemented AncientCowboy's "reveal details" UI mod and it works great. I use it once I have explored all of the map that is accessible, then I click the button and all the dark areas inside or outside clear up. I don't want spoilers either, I only use it once I am done with the area.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    i use it as a "i am done" stamp..

exploring the map normal and once everyone and everything is dead and done i cast it have that perfectly explored map and know i don't have to come back.
  • UncertaintyLichUncertaintyLich Member Posts: 18
    Oh god, I just use it to clear all the black I can't reach. I can't sleep at night knowing there are small parts of the map left unexplored.
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186

i use it as a "i am done" stamp..

exploring the map normal and once everyone and everything is dead and done i cast it have that perfectly explored map and know i don't have to come back.

Actually, I've returned to a few maps frequently during early game to reap benefits (nothing to do with subject spell, just wanted to mention).
    As example, Larswood and Peldvale for ice-arrows and Firewine for fire-arrows.
    These trinkets come in very handy on Werewolf Isle and in DT.