Skip to content

Trent Oster's tweet on 14th september

O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
"We grabbed some quick footage of iPad gameplay. It is in approvals".

I'm concerned about this, because it essentialy states that gameplay footage of BG:EE will be released. My question is (if anyone knows) how long aproval procces for such a footage will take? Because for now we are waiting over a month for it.

By the way, obviously the tweet has been made 14th of september, the very same day that game delay has been annouced. I REALLY hope it's not in sole purpose to chill down some angered fans. In short, I hope that what Trent wrote have meaning.

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    He said recently that he is going to a review at wotc, so maybe approvals is one of the reasons
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Some stuff in the game has changed since then, so that footage is outdated anyway.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I can see the approval system to be a pain in the bottom, truth be told. It's like asking signatures for a petition - you can't decide on who signs it, you don't know if it'll go well or bad.

I can't see the approval system to be any different :/
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Actually, it's more like asking specific signatures for a petition. You only need three signatures, but if you can't find those three people, you're stuck waiting.
  • GoForTheEyesBooGoForTheEyesBoo Member Posts: 97
    I've worked in government so I understand approval processes. That being said, a month before launch (or a month post-original launch) and no gameplay footage is very, very odd and concerning. Not meaning to bash, I'd just love to know why there has been no gameplay footage, "approval process..." is not a real answer.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Ah, yes, it's one of those elusive imaginary answers that you always hear about. ;)

The approval process has been shown several times already to be a burden and an obstacle to releasing information. From the initial screenshots to the delay announcement, it's clear that the [imaginary?] approval process is not as streamlined as anyone would like.
    Aosaw said:

Ah, yes, it's one of those elusive imaginary answers that you always hear about. ;)

The approval process has been shown several times already to be a burden and an obstacle to releasing information. From the initial screenshots to the delay announcement, it's clear that the [imaginary?] approval process is not as streamlined as anyone would like.

Now that you've enjoyed your wordplay, it isn't a sufficient answer :) . To be honest, I just want to see some actual footage of the new edition, and a month before launch isn't an unreasonable time to request it.
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556

Aosaw said:

Now that you've enjoyed your wordplay, it isn't a sufficient answer :) . To be honest, I just want to see some actual footage of the new edition, and a month before launch isn't an unreasonable time to request it.
    Nobody's saying that it isn't reasonable to want gameplay footage - I'm sure we all want gameplay footage. The devs probably want to release gameplay footage right now too. But nevertheless, you have your answer. The approvals process is unnecessarily complex and that is why they can't release it. What extra info do you need to make the answer "sufficient"?
    Communard said:

Aosaw said:

Nobody's saying that it isn't reasonable to want gameplay footage - I'm sure we all want gameplay footage. The devs probably want to release gameplay footage right now too. But nevertheless, you have your answer. The approvals process is unnecessarily complex and that is why they can't release it. What extra info do you need to make the answer "sufficient"?
    I was attempting to clarify my reponse, for me a real/sufficient answer would be an official answer from the devs on why there hasn't been gameplay footage yet. Has it been in approvals for more than a month? Do they have any expectations on when it will be approved? I would consider an official response opposed to second-hand knowledge about past experiences to be "real/sufficient" answers. Basically just more transparency.

I am completely in support of the devs taking their time to create the best game possible. I would just like more updates, like what is Adventure Y, is there any new info on the "something extra" those who preordered will receive due to the delay, basic stuff.

• JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    Maybe instead of harping on Beamdog to get the approval process done faster, we should be focusing on the other parties involved. They're the ones holding up the approval process. When they all come back and say it's been approved or disapproved then we can come back here and ask once again.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I'd like to imagine that Beamdog is like an artist's studio full of Leonardo Da Vincis in smocks. They have their computer monitor's on easels and they stand at from distance from their work with quizzical looks on their faces, faces contorted in artistic desire and spiritual anguish. They tug their beards and rest their chins on their hands, stepping in briefly to make a small adjustment but "no!" throwing their hands into the air and storming out of the room and coming back in again immediately.

The landlord is at the door again demanding money, they pretend to be out. A lovely maiden in rags begs use of a light for her candle Jason Manley reaches out to her "Che gelida manina!" then they all start singing.

This is why things take time!
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @Tanthalas
    Strange, because I've always have thought that bugfixes and overall polishing the game was the reasons for game delay in the first place. Are you telling me that it changes gameplay so much?

Further question. If game really changed a lot since then, does that mean that we will never recieve any gameplay footage or it just has to wait few another weeks?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @ZelgadisGW

It doesn't change gameplay of course. Some minor visual stuff just looks different when compared to the build we had on the 14th of September.

As for gameplay footage, the game will look like BG2.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @Tanthalas
    Thanks, but I wanted to see the gameplay just for zoom in/out feature. That's something to look up to, at least for me.