Skip to content

How I got "All The Enemies" Achievement!

I just did a speed run through SoD to try and pick up some achievements. Got Riddlemaster, You Chose...Poorly, and All the Enemies!

What I did to get the AtE achievement was to speak to Munsch before surrendering the Bridgefort, giving Julann the evidence of Hephernaan's corruption but not managing to convince her to defect, so she and Rigah left for Dragonspear. You can't use the first conversation line, I think it's the one saying it's proof of a ritual. If she says she's going to Dragonspear, she will appear in the final battle.

Then I went into the warrens, spoke with Strunk, chose the "carry on" option which oddly gave me the journal entry saying I should side with him or the water elementals, but then there was no further conversation options. It's very easy to provoke him into a fight, so I chose the first dialogue option, then the second. Then made sure not to kill him when leaving after I'd been in the castle basement.

So I finally get to the final battle. I hadn't put the bwoosh barrel down underground, so I had to go through the weak wall instead of the main gates. When getting to the catapult, there was Strunk and the water elementals. Killed everyone there, including all of the named NPCs from the crusade since I hadn't finished any of the Dragonspear side quests like the trial or On the Fence.

I moved up, Ashatiel challenged me to one on one combat and I declined. Fought through her minions, moved north and Munsch was there and said some dialogue before attacking. He was right next to where Ashatiel appears, so I made a conscious effort NOT TO KILL HER. Killing her causes all of the attackers to flee. I think this is the important bit. Kill all other troops before her or else they might no longer be available to fight.

While she's chasing me around I go to the main gates and Julann and Rigah are there with some other troops. Killing them both finally netted me the achievement. I then killed Ashatiel and Caelar appeared and I could move into the castle.

Through this run through, I think All The Alllies might also be achieveable. I didn't get the golem or ogres this time, but I did free the trolls in the Dragonspear castle pen. I think you can only do this if you didn't place the bwoosh barrel, as we go through the weak wall rather than the gates in this case. So I'll have to do a run through getting the golem, ogres, and not placing the bwoosh barrel and freeing the trolls. Maybe that's the required combination.

Also, I got You Chose...Poorly unlocked when I offered Neera to Thrix. I had Voghlin, Neera, Viconia, and Safana in my party. I tried the other three companions and they didn't unlock it, but the first time I tried Neera it did. So not sure if she has the correct flag or whether I just got lucky.

Comments

• VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    Update: I just got All the Allies achievement. I reloaded my save starting Chapter 11 at Dragonspear. I had the golem and the ogres. I had placed the barrel of bwoosh underground but instead of telling Nederloc this, I said we would find another way around and went to the side wall. As soon as the dialogue finished I got the achievement. I think maybe the animation of the main gate blowing up might be preventing the achievement from firing.
    Now I only need In the Name of the Father and Grim Deeds to Come. I think they're both bugged. I have reloaded my game freeing the eyeless priestess multiple times and tried all of the dialogue but have only been able to get the Amendments achievement. Has anyone else had trouble getting In the Name of the Father? I wonder if the latest patch messed with it.
  • guttahtrashguttahtrash Member Posts: 6
    How is this not getting attention? I just started a new run to try and get all the enemies and all the allies using this.

I got In the Name of the Father by telling Madele to kill in the name of Bhaal, or something along those lines, when I released her.
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    None of the options while talking to Strunk lead to a peaceful solution. He always attacks. Does the main character need to be neutral or evil maybe?
    Sorry, I unfortunately don't have a save handy before speaking to him.

I don't remember the exact dialogue path, but I believe the first option you have to ask him what he's doing, and the second option I think choose the second dialogue choice. Something like "okay then." That ends the conversation. All other options lead to him attacking.

I did this as a paladin so it's not tied to alignment at all. I would make a save before talking to him and then trying the options until you find the one that doesn't lead to him attacking.

If you still can't find the dialogue, send me screenshots of his dialogue options and I can try to piece it together from there. But I'm pretty sure that you need to say something peaceful on the first dialogue choice then choose the second option in the next dialogue choice. You will exit the conversation and you'll get a journal entry about whether you should kill him and free the elementals or not. This is what you need in order to make sure he's at the final battle.
    Ok, I got All The Enemies (thank you), but the ogres didn't show up at the gate for all the allies. I freed the one, I don't get it.
    Did you go back to the ogre camp and talk to both ogres? Make sure the journal entry is closed, they might not spawn if you haven't had the final conversation with them.
    edited May 2016
    Vbibbi said:

I don't remember the exact dialogue path, but I believe the first option you have to ask him what he's doing, and the second option I think choose the second dialogue choice. Something like "okay then." That ends the conversation. All other options lead to him attacking.

I've revisited this in 2.3.67.0 (beta?) and have found a peaceful resolution whereas earlier my several reloads have always lead to Strunk turning hostile. For unknown reasons I've never noticed the "Fair enough" answer option, which is the important one:

1-1-2

1 -> I gather you're an arcanist of some sort. What manner of ritual is this?
    1 -> I know something of the nature of elementals. They resent being pulled from their natural plane to be bound by magic.
    2 -> Fair enough.

OR:

2-1-2

2 -> I'll talk fast. What are you up to here?
    1 -> I know something of the nature of elementals. They resent being pulled from their natural plane to be bound by magic.
    2 -> Fair enough.

Main character is a Skald here, btw.

Edit:

In 2.3.67.0 the achievement "All the allies" seems to have been fixed. Got it now with a savegame without doing anything differently this time. I got it immediately after the automatic talking to Torsin de Lancie about the barrel.
    I didn't drop the explosives, and the trolls are not involved at all so early because the castle wall has not been attacked yet. Presence of The Vanished and Slug & Murs are enough.
    Post edited by Belfaldurnik on
    @Vbibbi

Got "All the enemies" with 2.3.67.0, too.
    Achievement was granted during the attack of Dragonspear Castle after killing Strunk (and his elementals) in the first horde of defenders, refusing to duel Ashatiel and spotting Delgar Munsch in the second wave of defenders and killing him too. No sign of Rigah & Julann yet.

@Vbibbi

Got "All the enemies" with 2.3.67.0, too.

Achievement was granted during the attack of Dragonspear Castle after killing Strunk (and his elementals) in the first horde of defenders, refusing to duel Ashatiel and spotting Delgar Munsch in the second wave of defenders and killing him too. No sign of Rigah & Julann yet.

Hm I found Rigah and Julann in a group of enemies in front of the main gates to the castle. Surprising that you got the achievement before finding them, unless maybe you accidentally killed them without realizing it? I'm sure it feels good to have gotten those two achievements!

Where did you access the 2.3.67.0 beta? Is there an access code for it? I only have the 2.2 beta right now. Did you play through to the end and get Grim Deeds to Come with this new beta?
  • AuraofManaAuraofMana Member Posts: 24
    Yeah, I'd like to get in the beta too. I never got flying solo either in BG1EE, and I tried 2x... Hope beta fixed it.
    2.3.67.0 has been released at Steam where I'm subscribed to the beta channel.
    The passphrases for that are unchanged and found in the older beta announcements, such as:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/52543/beta-test-of-2-1-now-available

"Grim Deeds to Come" and "You Chose...Poorly" still don't work for me. About Grim Deeds to Come, there is not even confirmation where and when "outside Baldur's Gate" is. The sewers are below BG, and once you've escaped, there is no real attack anymore.

Yeah, I'd like to get in the beta too. I never got flying solo either in BG1EE, and I tried 2x... Hope beta fixed it.

For flying solo, I believe I had to lure Sarevok outside of the temple before he started speaking. Use a wand of fireballs, an area effect spell, explosive arrows/potions to harm him off screen, then run outside. He will follow and when outside will start his dialogue. If he starts the dialogue inside the temple you won't be able to leave the building. Kill him outside and then as soon as you reenter the temple the achievement should load.

I think this is what I did. I know it's how I got the Legacy of Bhaal achievement and the story mode achievement.

2.3.67.0 has been released at Steam where I'm subscribed to the beta channel.
    The passphrases for that are unchanged and found in the older beta announcements, such as:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/52543/beta-test-of-2-1-now-available

"Grim Deeds to Come" and "You Chose...Poorly" still don't work for me. About Grim Deeds to Come, there is not even confirmation where and when "outside Baldur's Gate" is. The sewers are below BG, and once you've escaped, there is no real attack anymore.

Hm I did try the old beta code last night in steam and it said it was invalid. And my beta version still shows as v2.2. I'll have to check again when I get home. Does your version clearly say v2.367.0?

I should probably submit a bug report for Grim Deeds to Come since I don't see it as one of the active reported bugs on the site. Strange since it's a widely known issue on the forums, but maybe the devs don't actively submit bugs they've seen posted, they rely on users doing so.

I assume the achievement should pop up as soon as the game goes to credits, just like BGEE's final achievements. Most likely the cinematic is preventing the achievement from loading. I've noticed that it's often automatic cinematics which have been the issue in loading a plot-based achievement (Water Water, All the Allies/Enemies)
    Still trying for "All the Allies." I went through that last part a few times from rescuing Slug. I talked to both Ogres after. I tried placing the Bwoosh and not placing the bwoosh, poisoning and not poisoning. The Golem shows up but the ogres don't. I can't figure it out.

Maybe it's a dialogue string I didn't do correctly, or some flag I didn't trip.

This may be reaching at straws, but what class was your main character when you unlocked it?
    Flying Solo doesn't work for me even if I lure him outside. I've been solo the whole game. The achievement just won't pop. I am not sure why. I tried this twice already. Once in story mode and once in legacy of bhaal mode.

It's not that I have a hard time beating him, it's just the achievement won't pop even though I've been solo the game (including not having Imoen ever).

Still trying for "All the Allies." I went through that last part a few times from rescuing Slug. I talked to both Ogres after. I tried placing the Bwoosh and not placing the bwoosh, poisoning and not poisoning. The Golem shows up but the ogres don't. I can't figure it out.

Maybe it's a dialogue string I didn't do correctly, or some flag I didn't trip.

This may be reaching at straws, but what class was your main character when you unlocked it?

I was a paladin. How did you do the ogre quest? Did you fight the two ogres in the camp and kill them? That's what I did, said I would temporarily give leadership to Murs, then freed Slug and went back to camp and asked them to join me at the battle. I also got the hidden treasure by the lake in the underground tunnels that he told me about.

If the ogres aren't showing up at the battle, there must be some flag that didn't trigger. I always had both the golem and ogre show up at the battle, even before I managed to trigger the achievement.

Flying Solo doesn't work for me even if I lure him outside. I've been solo the whole game. The achievement just won't pop. I am not sure why. I tried this twice already. Once in story mode and once in legacy of bhaal mode.

It's not that I have a hard time beating him, it's just the achievement won't pop even though I've been solo the game (including not having Imoen ever).

So were you able to get the story mode and LoB mode achievements, but not the solo one? I think they all popped up for me at the same time when the credits started.

Did you by chance have the party in Candlekeep join you for fighting illusions before you left? And you ran away from Imoen so you didn't get dialogue from her? AFAIK, if her dialogue on the Coast Way initiates, she automatically joins the party even if we tell her to get lost.

You may need to enter the temple, which is the only place where the game ends. You won't get the Flying Solo achievement if you're outside. The end sequence must be reached.

One can talk to both Murs and Slug for extra options. It may be important to request help from Murs before freeing Slug, and afterwards ask Slug to only crush crusaders' heads and not return into the underground caves.
    This is what I did:
    - Never talked to Imoen right after Gorion is killed. I sprinted off.
    - Never got party in Candlekeep during tutorial stage. I literally ran off without doing any quests from Candlekeep.
    - Killed Sarevok inside the temple, triggered the end game sequence and got into Dragonspear.
    - Never had anyone join my party the whole game.

Flying Solo is NOT popped. I got Friend of Volo and Lord of Murder achievements from both runs despite being solo the whole game. What is going on? I got this fine in BG2EE.
    So did you do the solo playthroughs only on BG installs that include SoD? I got the achievement before I purchased SoD so I got it when the credits for BGEE started. Could it possibly be that adding SoD prevented it? Otherwise I'm not sure, you might want to report it as a bug if someone else hasn't already.
    edited June 2016
    I didn't beat SoD with it. Every other end game achievement popped without SoD so I figured this was the case here. Same with BG2's Flying Solo not requiring ToB.

I mean... I could just cheat my way really fast through SoD, but that's still an hour for something that isn't sure.

Why isn't there info on this? The game has been suffered tons of achievement bugs since day 1. It takes them forever to fix it. I thought Beamdog is full of veteran devs :/
    Post edited by AuraofMana on