Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available
in the Beamdog store.
Should I mod the Druid spell list?
I'm looking for opinions of experienced players and Druid players. I want to add a few spells to the Druid spell list, but I don't want to make the class OP.
I know some people hold the opinion that a personal mod in a single player game shouldn't matter, but maintaining game balance is still important to me. That's why I'm seeking your input.
Here are the changes I want to make to the Druid and Cleric spellbooks. They are mostly thematic changes, adding a removing spells that don't fit the class:
- Level 1: + Protection from Petrification, + Grease, + Magical Stone, - Doom
- Level 2: + Glitterdust, + Aid (maybe + Hold Person).
- Level 3: + Remove Paralysis, + Zone of Sweet Air, + Clairvoyance (maybe - Rigid Thinking)
- Level 4: + Lesser Restoration, + Free Action (maybe - Defensive Harmony and - Negative Plane Protection)
- Level 5: + Flame Strike
- Level 6: + False Dawn
- Level 7: + Greater Restoration (maybe + Sunray)
False Dawn, Flame Strike, and Sunray are my biggest concerns. They are all pretty powerful, but elemental magic and the sun seem like fitting domains for a Druid. However, I don't want to break the game either.
I removed a handful of combat buffs and debuffs that don't seem very Druid-like.
- Level 2: - Barkskin, - Flame Blade
- Level 3: - Zone of Sweet Air
- Level 4: - Animal Summoning I, - Poison (or make it non-good only)
- Level 5: - Animal Summoning II
- Level 6: - Animal Summoning III, - Conjure Animals
- Level 7: - Earthquake
Basically just a straight nerf. At the same time, Clerics has a lot of good competition at each level.
What do you think?