Skip to content

Increasing the spawn rate?

I have searched a bit for a way to do this, but haven't found anything...so I figured I would just ask instead of wasting more time. Does anyone know of a way to increase the monster spawn rates independent of difficulty setting?

Comments

• magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    I think you can increase spawning rates using BG2 tweak anthology - there is a part that can be installed that gives you more or less spawning rates during rest.

or you can add SCS - to make monsters smarter and spawn
    MehZhure
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    Increasing in number comes from the difficulty slider. I recommend it! You get liches in the strangest of places.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    jtth said:

Increasing in number comes from the difficulty slider. I recommend it! You get liches in the strangest of places.

Thankfully, you don't get lich spawns in bg1. They can spawn in bg2 as part of random undead mobs, but only if your level is high enough. Levels impact monster spawns in bg2.

Mods can alter this and give you always the hardest spawns possible, irrespectible of your level.

IIRC, difficulty slider affects the number of spawns in bg1, and you can supress the extra damage of hard-insane sans v.2.0 I have no experience with it, though.