Skip to content

Let's Play Baldur's Gate?

Dantos4Dantos4 Member Posts: 58
Hi guys, Dantos4 here.

I am currently playing all the way through "Vanilla" Baldur's Gate 1, 2 and BG:TOB with one character on my Youtube Channel "Dantos4".

Why would you like to watch?... Personally, I watch other people play BG because it is interesting to hear their points of view and see how their playstyles and choices differ from my own. I try to roleplay the game slightly, but I am certainly no master of the art.

I do dislike advertising any personal playthroughs of games, but I am making an exception as BG is a very unique and niche/older game, the active communities are few and far between. It is pointless sharing videos of a playthrough if the people who like the game are unaware you are playing it...

If you are interested in watching a playthrough of Baldur's Gate then please visit my channel. There are also a plethora of other (ongoing/completed) playthroughs available from users such as Infernocanuk, Squee913 / SpiffySquee, Mynameisnotlilly, ClawedRebel and many, many more. I am unsure of the comparability between BG:EE and BG vanilla savegames, but if my finances allow it and the save games are interchangeable, I will be playing out BG:EE at some point too (Before I start BG2:SOA, likely)

Anyway, I look forward to eventually playing BG:EE and I hope that anybody who is interested in others playing Baldur's Gate may check out mine or other's channels. It is surprisingly entertaining to watch, in my opinion.

Thanks,
Best of luck with BG:EE, it looks great!

Dantos4.
My playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsbMa1CmKFQ&list=PLE4B2FD9E126C52CB&feature=plpp_play_all

Comments

• creator1629creator1629 Member Posts: 66
    i like the idea of watching a playthrough with a narrative, especially when you include things like what the character is thinking in the given situation. i do recommend that you make a script beforehand or at least a rough draft of what you are going to say in different areas because i have seen this type of thing done in other games before and when people do their narrations impromptu or spontaneously there is often a problem with the flow of the story with frequent pauses in the speech or going off topic entirely. but i do look forward to seeing your take on this game
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Good for gearing up and making the wait easier - both at the same time =)
  • Kristie83Kristie83 Member Posts: 259
    @Dantos4 You have a lovely voice. I like your accent!
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    You got a load of work to do now! Good luck and nice idea :D
  • Dantos4Dantos4 Member Posts: 58
    @creator1629 Yeah, I do suffer from that slightly, I am still beginning with these things :) I do have an overall plan for who and what I am going to take and how the character will develop, though. A lot of the traits I am establishing in BG1 will definitely be used in BG2! :)

@Kristie83 Thank you very much! :) I personally am not a fan of my own voice (I find myself mumbling a lot) but thank you all the same, it is very kind of you!

@Sylvus_Moonbow Indeed! I am currently finishing up watching Tord's (Mynameisnotlilly's) Let's Play, too! He is probably the best I have ever watched in terms of quality and length. His Neverwinter Nights (which continues Lilly Black as a character) is fantastic quality, in my opinion.

On that note, if you guys do take a look at this and think "not my thing", please do give a few others a look such as Mynameisnotlilly, Veriax and many others related to them. They have been doing this a lot longer than I and have higher quality playthroughs! :)
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208

Nice! I follow this particular Let's Play myself for Baldur's Gate 1 and Baldur's Gate 2.

Yeah I miss him. He hasn't been around in a while. I was watching his Fallout LPs as well.
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157

Nice! I follow this particular Let's Play myself for Baldur's Gate 1 and Baldur's Gate 2.

Yeah I miss him. He hasn't been around in a while. I was watching his Fallout LPs as well.
    He recently posted a comment on his channel about Project Eternity, so he's still alive. And with that there's hope for more awesome Let's Plays.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Nice! I actually look at BG's Let's Plays for the exact reason you were giving, @Dantos4! I'll definitely check out your own series :)

I did a LP series myself, which is composed of, what, 83 parts? Currently going through Baldur's Gate 2, but it is different in some ways : 1) The episodes are trice as long and 2) I attempt to voice act EVERY character in the game XD

Other than that, LPing also makes you get in touch with the viewers and that's why I love it so much, although sometimes I don't understand them entirely, for instance, my most viewed episode of the Baldur's Gate LP is one named "Killing the Wolvies Song" where I literally kill Wolfweres in Balduran's Shipwreck while singing. I guess craziness gets rewarded. GOOD THING TOO! I am all crazy!
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Is that a scouse accent I hear?!
    @chickenhed @Thunder He did mention in his blog over in the Voltron Army that he will be returning in 2013, if things go well. Fingers crossed! He's also engaged, I believe :)

@Cheesebelly Wow! That is some good commitment! Indeed, it seems the more popular guys are definitely the more eccentric ones. JohnZoidberg1417 (I believe that's the name) has a co-op LP of Neverwinter Nights where him and his friend voiceact and roleplay, it is quite fun to watch!

@Jaxsbudgie Haha yes it is! I do try and tone it down so people can actually, y'know, understand me... but it obviously seeps through with all the Scouse/NE-England phlegm-throat dialects we have :P
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    Tord (notLily) has an video featured on his page where someone else interviewed him and he talks about his absence and eventual plans to return.
  • SpangoNutsSpangoNuts Member Posts: 6
    Mynameisnotlilly and Veriax are great Baldur's Gate let's players.
    I will check out the Dantos4 take on the tale over the weekend at some point.

Since I first heard Tord I have thought, he has a great voice for radio.
    An update for this thread:

After trying out BG:EE (and having several recording crashes with BG1 Vanilla) I have decided to restart my Let's Play as a BG:EE Let's Play!

The first episode will be out relatively soon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dantos4

I am also involved in a Blood Bowl League, for those who like that, and will be embarking on a bloodline Dwarf Fortress and a bloodline Gnomoria game soon.

Eventually, I will progress to Baldur's Gate 2 (EE If it is out by then) with TheEdnar, ClawedRebel, Pathrogas and some special guests.