Skip to content

Potion of Speed Still in Use After Training Session in BG1

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
edited February 2013 in Not An Issue
Maybe not a bug - Thought I'd see what people thought.

When you go to the training session in Candlekeep during the Prolouge, one of your NPCs has a potion of speed. If you use this and then leave the training, it stays in effect for quite awhile *outside* the training area and can be used for all sorts of things (Killing Firebead MUCH easier, picking chests and escaping before guards appear, etc). Since training is supposed to be just a course on how to play the game, this seems like a bit of an exploit...

Solution? Don't have any spell effects that you engaged during training from an NPC spell, a potion, etc, active when you leave.
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    well that potion is suppose to last for 5 turns ( 50 ) rounds and if you do all the battles down there that will really drown out that duration time, i like drinking that potion just for the convienence of getting around candlekeep faster for all those little mini quests
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    I didn't know that, (and I like it, next time I will be around the keep in no-time). But I don't think it's a bug. When you step out the training compound they will demand you leave the training equipment there. But it's not a magical portal, that dispells all magic.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Leave it as it is, I use it to whiz around and get going with the game. Most useful.
  • ArtOfShredArtOfShred Member Posts: 14
    As much as I love cruising around Candlekeep after the training session I'd be for dispelling all magical effects on the player after you leave the training area as well.