Skip to content

BG2 Quests

zynstudioszynstudios Member Posts: 5
edited October 2012 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
I used to play BG a lot back in the day, but only got past chapter 2 a few times. If you go to Spellhold as part of the plot, are you still able to complete and get all the quests that are started in Chapter 2 once you get back?

Comments

• CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    It's been awhile, but I'm pretty sure you eventually work your way back around to the main area, but you have to pass through a bunch of game to get back there.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Yeah, you can go back and do everything, no harm no foul. Biggest problem is that it takes bloody forever to get back.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited October 2012
    Most of the Athkatla area quests can be attended at your leisure, but there are actually a small number of them that are on a time limit, that you will probably want to either finish off or leave not started before you set off to Spellhold.
    Mostly they are fairly clearly stated to be urgent, like some various stronghold quests (ranger going to kill orogs, paladin going to rescue other paladins) or some NPC sidequests where the characters get increasingly agitated if you don't see to their wishes (Jaheira's curse, Edwin's scroll, Jan's old love, Nalia's father, Mazzy's family, etc), or the poisoned harper guy you encounter.. if you drag him through Spellhold and the Underdark, he will (perhaps not so surprisingly) be dead when you get back.
  • FishFish Member Posts: 38
    I'm a proponent of quickly going to Spellhold to retrieve Imoen so she doesn't miss out on the XP from the subquests. The time limits that @Shin are mentioning occur in mid-subquest. If you don't start the subquest before going to Spellhold you should be fine (@Shin correct me if I'm wrong.)
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Fish You're correct. As mentioned, if you leave them unstarted that'll be fine as well.