Skip to content

Non standard party

eksterekster Member Posts: 234
Looking over some of the classes and getting nostalgic while waiting for BGEE to come out, I've remembered always getting annoyed of not being able to play a party with all the classes I want because of the limit of 6 characters and always feeling like I had to get the essential classes (fighter, thief, mage, cleric.)

So I decided to create a custom party for my next play through.
It'll be (most probably)
Bard
Ranger
Druid
Paladin
Monk
Barbarian

Anyone tried completing the game while avoiding to use the basic 4? I think it will be a bit challenging, but should be possible! It's definitely going to be a fun challenge for me.

Comments

• AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    If you still want the party interaction, you can change the existing NPCs with shadowkeeper or other tools to fit your desired profile as well (Druid Jaheira, Barbarian Minsc, Monk Imoen, etc.)
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    It'll work. You'll just have to watch weapon specializations to make sure there's isn't too much competition for a limited amount of magical gear.

With enough tactics you can make almost any party work if you're willing to put in the effort.
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    AHF said:

If you still want the party interaction, you can change the existing NPCs with shadowkeeper or other tools to fit your desired profile as well (Druid Jaheira, Barbarian Minsc, Monk Imoen, etc.)

Thanks for the idea. Don't know why I didn't think of that. It will definitely make the game a lot more enjoyable with the extra character interactions.

CaptRory, I'm sure I can do it. Though like you said, I would have to be a lot more careful. Especially with the lack of a cleric and mage. Bards and druids can only do so much. But It will also be interesting as I'd probably start using a lot more of the lesser used spells to get around.
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    Never tried it with BG since I tend to pick characters based more on personality than class, but I have tried various IWD runs with different classes. Not having a cleric can get difficult at times! Not having a thief is more annoying.