Skip to content

TobEx: 41 (#36)

DanBoulosDanBoulos Member Posts: 146
edited July 2012 in Fixed
Current Behaviour:

Effects #33-37 “Save Vs Breath/Death/Poly/Spells/Wands Modifier”: causes net values below -20 to wrap to 20

Expected Behaviour:

Effects #33-37 “Save Vs Breath/Death/Poly/Spells/Wands Modifier”: does not cause wrapping over of values

Revision:

Clamp Save VS Breath values
Post edited by Bhryaen on

Comments

• BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Confirmed fixed... ? For sure they're not wrapping up or down, but it's not clear the system is working...

I'm a little confused as to the intent here given the quirks of 2E DnD rules. Does this mean that a bonus of +20 to saves translates into -20 in the actual save score and used to result in wrapping up to 20 again? I've addressed both preemptively.

To make things simpler I'll make the same post for each attribute. I created two items using Near Infinity which give a -19 and a +19 bonus to saves in all Saves categories and what shows up in the Saves of the Character Record is a change, respectively, from:

14 - Paralyze/Poison/Death
    16 - Rod/Staff/Wand
    15 - Petrify/Polymorph
    17 - Breath Weapons
    17 - Spells

to

20(+6) - Paralyze/Poison/Death
    20(+4) - Rod/Staff/Wand
    20(+5) - Petrify/Polymorph
    20(+3) - Breath Weapons
    20(+3) - Spells

and

-5(-19) - Paralyze/Poison/Death
    -3(-19) - Rod/Staff/Wand
    -4(-19) - Petrify/Polymorph
    -2(-19) - Breath Weapons
    -2(-19) - Spells

In the case of the last one (a +19 bonus factoring negatively by -19), should the saves become a default 1 when they go below a 1 (as they become a default 20 when they exceed 20?) or should the save value indeed become a negative value.
  • IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 368
    Confirmed, fixed. See this post for details and testing procedure.