Skip to content

Sword and Shield Style Question

QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
edited October 2012 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
Does the -2 AC (and then -4 AC) vs. missile weapons bonus for this style apply if you are using a Small Shield or Buckler? I've always wondered about this.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yes.
  • KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    Yes, it does, even for thieves.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Thank you!
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Can be handy for thief/mages or fighter/mages too (you can cast spells with a shield), works well with a sling and shield...

For back-stabbing thieves and even more so with assassins I prefer single-weapon style for the better critical hit chance and reduced AC against *all* weapons, not just missiles, especially as buckers are fairly rubbish and there aren't many magical ones
    edited October 2012

Can be handy for thief/mages or fighter/mages too (you can cast spells with a shield), works well with a sling and shield...

For back-stabbing thieves and even more so with assassins I prefer single-weapon style for the better critical hit chance and reduced AC against *all* weapons, not just missiles, especially as buckers are fairly rubbish and there aren't many magical ones

Kiel's Buckler was effin' legit, PERFECT for thieves, but it isn't in BGII. Absolute shame.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2012
    Quartz said:

Kiel's Buckler was effin' legit, PERFECT for thieves, but it isn't in BGII. Absolute shame.

You could try to have your PC wear it when you import him/her into BG2. If you pause while the screen is still dark (before the cut scene with Irenicus) go into your inventory screen and drop everything you want to keep, it will not be taken away from you when the game starts.

I don't know about Kiel's Buckler specifically, but so far the only item I've tried to import in BG2 that this method hasn't worked on was Algernon's cloak.
    lolwut. Interesting I shall have to try that.