Skip to content

Neolithid [SoD]

What were peoples tactics on dealing with this thing?

I found using the full party was too cumbersome as keeping everyone out of harms way was almost impossible and ended up soloing it using hit and run tactics whenever it appeared.

Is there a better way?

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I ignored the toxic slime and floating swords and just killed it as quickly as possible.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    me too, i came into the room, it came out and i killed it. nothing happened basically. that was 2.0.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Odd. I had quite the pitched battle with it as it kept disappearing under the floor, summoning those swords and spraying the poison slime around. It would only surface for a second or two to attack before vanishing again.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited May 2016
    i think that 2-3 sec were enough for me to kill it. the problem is that it surfaced right in the middle of the cluster of my warriors, and a few crits were probably landed. maybe it was affected by a spell like slow or blinded (dunno if possible)
    some spells were definitely working, it's magic resistance didn't seem to be that high

edit: looking in the ee keeper...it's got 128hp, AC=0, MR=45, no special immunities to attacks (i haven't noticed any) so objectively for a relatively optimized, physical-oriented, buffed party, with a little bit of luck it can be killed in a single round. for example 45/dorn's crit/ + 3x20/other attacks/ + 5x7/two casters' MMMs/ = 140dmg
  • KhalDrogoKhalDrogo Member Posts: 60
    The first time I saw the neolithid I thought What a ugly creature it is.