Skip to content

Let the player choose which companions to begin the game with in BG2 EE

ProllenProllen Member Posts: 6
edited October 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I have come up with a great and quite simple idea to enhance BG2 when it's time for that. This will make the game more varied and allow for new unique game experiences.

LET THE PLAYER CHOOSE WHICH COMPANIONS FROM BG1 TO START WITH IN IRENCIUS DUNGEON

We all know that you begin BG2 with Minsc, Imoen and Jaheira (Khalid & Dynaheir as well but they are dead). The reason you start with these companions is that they where in your party at the end of BG1. But that's not entirely accurate since there were a lot of companions in BG1 and you might have finished that game with an entirely different set of companions.

My suggestion is that the player should be able to choose which companions from BG1 that he/she will begin with in BG2 EE. You will always begin BG2 EE with Imoen since it is she who lets you out of your cage. But the other four you should be able to choose. Since Khalid and Dynaheir are dead when you begin BG2, two of the companions you choose will always be dead from start and you wont see them (only as corpses). But two will always be alive and locked in cages nearby you in Irencius Dungeon.

Of course some companions comes in pairs, Khalid & Jahira and Minsc and Dynaheir. Others are already in BG2 like Montaron & Xzar. Regarding Montaron & Xzar I think you should be able to choose to begin with them in Irencius Dungeon but then of coarse you wont encounter them later on in the game as in original BG2.
And the same goes for the others. If you choose not to begin your journey with Minsc, then you may encounter him later on in BG2 EE. This will make the game extremley varied dependent on which companions you select to begin with and the ones you choose not. And this will benefit all of us who want to experience BG2 in new ways.

Thus you will always be able to select two of the companions fron BG1 to begin your journey with in BG2 EE. And also select two who will be dead from start.

Say that you intend to play as an evil player in BG2 EE then you might wanna start with some of the evil companions from BG1. Or you might wanna select companions depending on their alignment.

Depending on which companions you choose BG2 EE will turn out differently. I think this is an easy way to make BG2 EE feel a bit different from the original that we all have already played a thousand times. So please let us customize and be able to experience the game with different companions.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    This request has been made multiple times already.

Closing this until I can find the other discussion.
This discussion has been closed.