Skip to content

Mythica 5: The Godslayer (Movie) now on Kickstarter

onelasttry84onelasttry84 Member Posts: 52
greetings fellow forumites!

I just used the search function (mayb I use wrong??) and couldn't find anything about the pretty amazing Mythica movies. Right now the 5th enstalment is live on kickstarter:

Mythica 5: The Godslayer

and guess what... HODOR is there! playing a God!

For those of you who don't know what these movies are about:

taken from mythicamovie.com :
Mythica is the most ambitious indie fantasy project ever undertaken. The series is comprised of five feature films, shot over two years on location in Utah, USA.

The Mythica series follows the adventures of Marek, a wizard born with the dark power of necromancy, as she learns to harness the magic that threatens to corrupt her. She recruits a team of adventurers to battle Szorlok, the legendary Necromancer, and thwart his goal of uniting the four shards of the Darkspore to unleash an undead plague on the land.

Fun for all ages, Mythica is a sweeping adventure featuring monsters, magic, romance, betrayal and hard-hitting action.

Starring Melanie Stone, Adam Johnson, Jake Stormoen, Nicola Posener, Matthew Mercer, Robert Jayne and Kevin Sorbo

So far I have enjoyed part 1 to 3 quite a lot, eagerly waiting for June and the release of part 4. Although, this is an indie-low-budget project, the actors as well as the special effects are improving from movie to movie. If you like D&D-style high fantasy movies (and why wouldn't you, this is the baldur's gate forum after all :wink: ) you should definitly give the series a try and back the final movie on kickstarter...

Comments

• onelasttry84onelasttry84 Member Posts: 52
    Oh and I forgot...

KEVIN SORBO!!!
  • AndantilusAndantilus Member Posts: 5
    I am in the middle of watching these series and can confirm that they are pretty awesome! I like how these adventurers are pretty much complete loosers that cannot realistically do anything, but get about by the skin of their teeth.

Worth noting is that the main antagonist is played by Matthew Mercer, who might be know to some as the DM of D&D session with Vin Diesel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o