Skip to content

[BUG?] Blurry scenery, interiors ect [Windows] [Steam]

Dameon2Dameon2 Member Posts: 46
edited May 2016 in Troubleshooting
NOTE: Replaced images with ones from a clean, unmodded game, same problem as befor.. please view full rez versions to see the issue

So, I love that the option to use the alternate filtering method was implemented, so now the characters look great at any zoom level. However this only fixed half of the problem I've had. Problem is, if you use zoom lock the scenery looks super blurry. when you turn off zoom lock and play around I can usually get it to look nice and sharp.

Weird thing is it seems that when i use zoom lock that zoom level looks blurry, but if I turn it off, zoom up or down one level then back to the zoom level it uses for zoom lock, it comes in beautiful and sharp.

For now my fix has just been to toggle the lock on, then back off, zoom up one level then back down to get the terrain looking the way its supposed to. However this is getting really annoying, a lot of times when traveling between areas or into houses it seems to reset to its blurry state and I have to keep doing it constantly.

its like the game needs to be reset to come in properly, I wish i could just leave zoom lock on because like I said, I can get the exact same zoom level that zoom lock uses, but get it sharp. but zoom lock itself shows it as blurry.
this occurs in every single area of the game.

jsut for reference:... please take a peek at the full rez versions and tab between them to really see the problem!

BLURRY: (zoomlock on)

FIXED: (Zoomlock off and above fix completed)

game version: v2.2.66.0

res - 1920x1080 Fullscreen
Scale user interface - OFF

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate
CPU: amd fx 8350 4ghz
GPU: gforce gtx 970 4gb
System RAM: 16 gb
Post edited by Dameon2 on

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    you don't have a ui mod running there?
  • Dameon2Dameon2 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2016

you don't have a ui mod running there?

There, replaced the pictures with ones from a modless, clean install.. only thing i didnt bother deleting was my custom portraits folder in documents

the original pics just included my personal edited UI.MENU without SOD widescreen tweaks, but this has been a problem for a long time in my game, default UI.MENU changes nothing, a fresh install didn't either as you can see above.

Its been a problem as long as I have owned BGEE back in 1.3, and when reading the 2.2 patch notes talking about adding an alternate scaling method I thought they were finally addressing it, but turns out that was just for the characters.

seems like the game has issues properly scaling the backgrounds. I can understand it on a non native zoom level, but thsi is on the zoom level that zoomlock uses, and I have the same problem if i use zoomlock on without user interface scaling checked.

And I woudl be fine with it if it's jsut the way the game was, but because fiddling with it is actualyl able to fix it leads me to beleave tis a bug and as I said the fix for it is annoying. every time entering or leaving a building or area the backgroudn becomes blurry, changing the zoom level doesnt work at thsi point so i have to...
    1. open the menu, activate zoom lock, close the menu,
    2. reopen the menu, deactivate zoom lock, close the menu
    3. zoom out 1 "level" with the mouse wheel, zoom back down to where i just was, and that somehow magically fixes it.

• Dameon2Dameon2 Member Posts: 46
    Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition v2.3 unfortunately has not fixed this issue for me. It remains a problem on a clean install, exact same problem as before, you can see screenshots above in my original post.

I have created a temporary workaround for myself in the form of a zoom Lock toggle button on my main game play screen so I don't have to go into the menu every time to toggle it on and off to fix the blurry/warped background as mentioned above.

Honestly have no idea why this problem is occurring. Playing in 1920x1080 on a 27inch monitor. Again, zoom lock is very blurry, without zoom lock at the same zoom distance it uses is blurry and warped. have to toggle zoom lock on, then off, then zoom up one level, then back down to fix it, every time i enter a new area or building. really getting on my nerves.

Anyone who is experiencing a similar problem I would love to know. I have reinstalled the game many times, the vanilla game, first load off a fresh install has the issue. Pretty positive it's not on my end.