Skip to content

Items from Baldur's Gate I that appear in Shadows of Amn when importing a save

BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
I never knew about this after dozens of times playing through these games. Look at the first table on this page:
http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/miscellany.htm
I did not know that the Helm of Balduran and the Mail of the Dead +2 that appear in BG2 are just the DEFAULT items that can transfer over.

Questions: So if you have the Claw of Kazgaroth in your inventory when you export your BG1 character it will override the Helm and appear in BG2 instead? And if you have the Chainmail +3 in your bag it will replace the Chainmail +2? If so, are these items lootable in the same places, like the Claw of Kaz would be found in the fireplace room and the Chainmail +3 would be found on the Cambion in Irenicus dungeon?

I never use the Kazgaroth items in BG1 so I don't think I would replace the Helm of Balduran, but having that Chainmail +3 instead of the +2 would be really sweet at the start of SoA.

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    The item listing there is in order, and only takes one item from each list--i.e. you'll only get the Claw if you do not have the Helm of Balduran.
  • BugratBugrat Member Posts: 118
    Ahh, cool. So is the Claw looted from the same container that the Helm of Balduran is usually found in?
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    Yes.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Melincamp the Chicken should be able to be imported into BG2, and there should be a way to make him into chicken soup. Muhaha.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660

Melincamp the Chicken should be able to be imported into BG2, and there should be a way to make him into chicken soup. Muhaha.

It'd be funny if you could cast Find Familiar on him at that point.