Skip to content

Merchants selling bolts in Baldur's Gate City...

styggastygga Member Posts: 467
edited October 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I swear, Picked up Alora, got her a crossbow +1(nobody sells crossbows in BG city wtf? had to get it from the thiefs in the south east part..) And went to go buy her some bolts, I swear I checked five different merchants.. They sell arrows and bullets but nobody I've found so far in like three different sections of the city sell bolts... Just plain bolts... Fix this please!

Comments

• RomulanPaladinRomulanPaladin Member Posts: 188
    edited October 2012
    There is a three week waiting period to buy crossbows and related supplies in the city of Baldur's Gate. You must apply for a crossbow license, allow fingerprint documentation, and submit to a background check at the Flaming Fist headquarters. Even then, your crossbow will come with a serial number; it is considered a felony to intentionally damage or conceal that number. The ballistics of your crossbow will be documented prior to being issued.
    Post edited by RomulanPaladin on
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556

There is a three week waiting period to buy crossbows and related supplies in the city of Baldur's Gate. You must apply for a crossbow license, allow fingerprint documentation, and submit to a background check at the Iron Fist headquarters. Even then, your crossbow will come with a serial number; it is considered a felony to intentionally damage or conceal that number. The ballistics of your crossbow will be documented prior to being issued.

The Iron Fist? Now there's an unlikely merger...
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    Noticed a similar thing in the stores across the coast -- not all of them sell darts, throwing daggers, helmets, or large shields. Very annoying at the start of the game, especially when it comes to missile weapons.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Maltz' weapon shop in the bottom of Eastern Baldur's Gate is the only place I've found so far that sells bolts... This can't be intended, can it?
  • RomulanPaladinRomulanPaladin Member Posts: 188
    Communard said:

There is a three week waiting period to buy crossbows and related supplies in the city of Baldur's Gate. You must apply for a crossbow license, allow fingerprint documentation, and submit to a background check at the Iron Fist headquarters. Even then, your crossbow will come with a serial number; it is considered a felony to intentionally damage or conceal that number. The ballistics of your crossbow will be documented prior to being issued.

The Iron Fist? Now there's an unlikely merger...
    Ha! Good catch. Maybe I was thinking of something else. Or maybe I'm lysdexic. I'll fix.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited October 2012
    It's an Iron Shortage AND a Crossbow Bolt shortage... Didn't you know?