Skip to content

Forum Bug: Inability to Start Thread

BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
edited June 2012 in Site Resources
Obviously this doesn't apply to me somehow, but there are others who are unable to start a thread... And they can't start a thread to mention how they can't start a thread. So this thread's to all you threadless folks out there. ;-) *bows out to let the actual afflicted post responses*
Post edited by CameronTofer on
LogicalUnit

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I had this problem yesterday.

This thread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24/suggestions-for-the-new-ui#latest

Was originally just one post but the forums only allowed me to post the thread (and subsequent messages) after I broke it down to multiple small posts.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    From what I've heard from one person who's enduring it, it wasn't a matter of post length but of the system operating indefinitely rather than opening the thread post for editing:

"I've been trying to post my requests on the new BG:EE forum but everytime I hit the "post discussion" button, it gets stuck and doesn't do anything apart from showing the three dots "loading" animation (which, I am sure, is mirrored ;-P). Same applies to uploading a profile picture."
    That's exactly what would happen to me.

I'd get those three dots loading and then the message would never get posted. Only when I made my posts smaller was I able to post the thread.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    You may be entirely correct then, but I'm suspecting it's something different because a number of my threads have fairly long OP posts, and few of Andrea C's are ever that long, usually very concise and to the point. Yours may well have been even longer than mine: I saw the one you broke up, and it probably was cumulatively longer than my "Add New Encounters" thread post.
    Its possible, I can't guarantee what my problem was, but that first post was the largest I could make to start the thread. The same for each subsequent post.
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    edited June 2012
    Ignore this. Edited out content.