Skip to content

Class-specific skills require levels higher than 161000 Xp?

First, no person could easily surpass me in ignorance of common information. Please keep that in mind if this question seems stupid, but I really want to know this.

Alright. I am a pretty big noob at this game, but I picked it up quickly. I recently managed to clear bandit camp with Imoen, Branwen and Minsc. I picked up Kivan earlier but his quest timer ran out while I was farming ankhegs so I killed him and resurrected him after I cleared Bandit Camp. My current party is Imoen, Minsc and Dynaheir, Kivan, and Branwen, and the protagonist is vanilla monk. I had heard both bad and good things about the monk and decided to try it for my very first run through of the game, and it worked surprisingly well. The main reason I chose Monk was because I saw the long list of skills (especially Quivering Palm) and thought they would be great in the long term. So I chose monk.

Now, to the present. I was looking at the Monk kit description and noticed that you needed to be level 13 to use Quivering Palm. I did a quick google and found that to get to level 13, you need 1125000 experience, which is far above the 161000 XPCap. So my question is: can you learn skills like Quivering Palm in BGEE without exporting to BG2? Or do you need a mod? If the answer is mod, then I'm screwed because I play on an iPad.

Comments

• jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    I was under the impression you can install mods on the iPad, though I have no idea how. The max level is 50 in a game of BG2 with the XP cap removed.

Without that, you will get it in BG 2.