Skip to content

Party for Black Pits

Okay, guys. I thought I am pretty good at those Baldur's Gate games... and then I tried Black Pits and was proven to be wrong. I got through Black Pits in BG relatively easily, but I can't get past drow fight in Black Pits 2. And it's pissing me off.
I'm not gonna ask for advices on that specific fight, because I hunger for revenge and I plan to start all over with ultimate, brutal, merciless party. I want, like, Sarevok + Irenicus + Melissan + Bodhi party.

So my question is - could you advice what kits should I pick to create unstoppable pit slayers? My current idea is:
- dwarven defender (for tanking)
- archer (for archering)
- conjurer (for conjuring, and abjuring, and altering, and other stuff)
- priest (healing obviously).

On my last, miserable attempt, I used cleric/mage, but party of 5 proved to be to big and now I see no point in dual classing anyone. Is my setup good? Should I swap something, like defender for berserker, for an istance? Is my party lacking anyone? I have to thief, but for what I can tell, I wasn't using him anyway.

So, please help. I wanna git gud.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited May 2016
    I had no problem when following the BP2 guide here on the forums. You want to follow the hero path or the villain path exclusively when talking to the crowd. Play the same fight several times until you get the good item and the great item, or to build up money. Your party is fine, I have used similar.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/29638/the-black-pits-ii-items-and-rewards-guide/p1

One time for fun I imported the canon party from when I had finished BG1 and bumped them up so everyone started a little bit higher. It doesn't matter though, you will get 6.5 mil or so, plenty so you can multiclass or dual class.
    Post edited by mf2112 on
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Thanks, @mf2112!