Skip to content

Sounds and Pics

Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 379
I just finished recording the sound set I want to use and I just downloaded GIMP so I can make my portraits. Anybody else doing custom jobs on their PC?

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited October 2012

I just finished recording the sound set I want to use and I just downloaded GIMP so I can make my portraits. Anybody else doing custom jobs on their PC?

Good on you for recording a custom sound set. I never thought my own recordings ever did my PC justice. I *have* used the IWD Gnome sound files for BG1, tho its kind of a pain as IWD has more sound options then BG1, so you have to go through them and pick the ones you want to use for what scenario and throw out several that you can't fit in.

Custom pics are always a must. :P
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 379
    An update on that: the good news is that I finished my portraits and they're the best I've ever done for BG. The bad news is that I can get neither the sound set nor the portraits to work. I think it's related to the files being too advanced but I don't know how to convert the files into the proper format. I'll figure it out later. I've got a month or so.
    I got it working. Now I have my very own custom portrait with sounds to go with it. It's not high quality material but what matters is that it's mine.
  • ArkinArkin Member Posts: 32
    Would you mind sharing how you managed to get the custom sounds working? I haven't had any luck.
    This thread was made well before BGEE came out and I was testing it on the original BG and BG2. I do not know how to make it function in BGEE.
  • GuboGubo Member Posts: 75
    edited December 2012
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    there is also this. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/how-to-customize-your-game/p1

I got sounds to work with strings finally. Will post in the thread tomorrow how.