Skip to content

Can't get NPC portraits to change

G'day all, I've been using 'The BIG WORLD' modding tool and have nearly got it mastered. One issue I keep having is that; no matter what mod I put in for the NPC pictures, I can't get them to change from the standard BG EE (which I hate.).
Of course I've only really come across Imoen but her pic never changes.
Tried the picture standard, and a couple of tweaks. Tried to put images in the override file, created my own portrait (which work fine for the main character).

Seen a few threads and tried there suggestions, nothing. Any ideas?

Have been trying to put this image in;

Comments

• Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    What are you saving the image as, and what file type?
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Odd, I have the "painted" portraits installed in Override just fine. And they're simply named (in example) ImoenL, ImoenM and ImoenS. Maybe you need all three.
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    It appears that you do need all three. At least for her. I'm now in the same pickle with Jaheira and Khalid. But l've tried all three files and it doesn't work for them.
  • ReiRei Member Posts: 66
    Can't help you, unfortunately. But I just wanted to say that's a fantastic portrait. Do you have a source for that?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    See this for filenames, put them in the override.

http://portraits.chosenofmystra.net/npc_portrait_change.html
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    @Rei that's Tyris npc from G3 site.
  • barker262barker262 Member Posts: 75
    Rei wrote: »
    Can't help you, unfortunately. But I just wanted to say that's a fantastic portrait. Do you have a source for that?

If your still around Rei, I just saw this question (four years late); Here's the files, I have no idea where I got them from. Just change the .jpg to .bmp

Worked for me.