Skip to content

Rush (band)

RickenbackerRickenbacker Member Posts: 39
edited May 2016 in Off-Topic
Ok, I'm gonna go out on a limb & assume a LOT of people who play D&D (esp. old school D&D players like myself), are also Rush fans. So, roll call for fans! :)

- Favorite Rush album(s)?
- Album you 1st got into?
- Fave live album?
- Tours you've seen?

Me:

top 3: A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Caress of Steel

First album I got into, either Moving Pictures or Fly By Night.

Live album is def' the raw, youthful "All The World's a Stage"

Tours- Basically all since Hold Your Fire, except Time Machine & R30.

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Caress of Steel it is perhaps not their best album but it's my favorite. They were at the height of their powers includes my fav long song The Fountain of Lamneth. I really liked Presto as well, a high point and a return to form.

I've not seen them on tour.
  • RickenbackerRickenbacker Member Posts: 39
    CoS. Yes, admittedly not an album I'd use to introduce someone to the band & easily their toughest to get into. But if you're into prog rock/fantasy, this is your album. I *wish* Geddy could still sing like that.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Moving Pictures is great too (of course) probably their best. Tom Sawyer, Limelight, Red Barchetta and I like The Camera Eye a lot too.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    The first song I remember that really got me into Rush was The Trees. My first album was Permanent Waves.

I didn't own any of their live albums until I got R40 for christmas. It came with this:

I've never seen them in concert.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    My favorite album is A Farewell to Kings, closely followed by Power Windows and Signals.

2112. It was a GIANT finger in the faces of the record execs of that time.

The Vapor Trails tour. It had been five long years since they had toured and no one knew if Neil was back. He was.

I have seen every tour since Moving Pictures. I never miss; my wife says "Didn't you see them enough already?" Me: "That was 3 years ago. New album, new t-shirt, new program. You know...."
  • RickenbackerRickenbacker Member Posts: 39
    BillyYank said:

The first song I remember that really got me into Rush was The Trees. My first album was Permanent Waves.

I didn't own any of their live albums until I got R40 for christmas. It came with this:

That light is so damn cool!