Skip to content

how improved is the multiplayer ?

super221189super221189 Member Posts: 2
just wondering how good the multiplayer will be wud be owsome if it was like today rpgs like pvp and stuff but its a big task to achive that for baldurs gate what does everyone els think? or is that were baldurs gate 3 cums into it?

Comments

• styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    It's Baldur's gate single player, but instead of you controlling all the NPCs, someone else controls their character, and whatever NPC's the host gives them control of.
  • super221189super221189 Member Posts: 2
    cool what so a new created character cud say play with a lvl 28 character?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Well you probably won't be able to get a level 28 character in an un-modded game simply because of the XP cap. But yes, it's possible to play with 2 characters of significantly different levels. Not sure why you'd want to though.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    You can do that now... Just export your character at the end of the game and import it and start over. You'll have the same amount of xp. :P
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    My bet is theyll implement Black Pits for multiplayer. Letting players create their own parties and pitting them against other parties in the arena. I just wonder how they balanced game pausing. Cooldown?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2012
    Dino said:

I just wonder how they balanced game pausing. Cooldown?

*shudder*
  • DinoDino Member Posts: 291
    Well, they cant remove pausing, otherwise all-warrior parties is going to plow the more micromanagement-dependant setups, and thus restrict potentially more interesting battles.

A 5-10 second cooldown whenever you unpause the game would be one way to do it, making gameplay sortof... meta-turnbased...
    No cooldown (or similiar restrictive mechanic), would surely ruin the entire experience by cutting the action down to confetti.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    You could just have autopause each round and have that as the only pause.