Skip to content

Dorn's Deep - NPC (artisan + son) hostile?

Hello,

I'm currently at a stage in this game where i beat Marketh and one other minion he turned into an Umberhulk; After walking my party back to the main area with a statue of Marketh the artist and his son are hostile.

At my first run against Marketh and minions I answered that I would not care whether or not he'd kill the svirfneblin, beat him, went there, both were hostile.

Reload, this time i put down my weapon, tried to barter for the lives of the svirfneblin, fought, won, went back, same.

Reload, this time i chose another way through the dialog, where i told him i wouldn't fall for his threat against the svirfneblin, and again, going back, both the artisan and his son turned hostile.

Now, is this the intended outcome? Will both turn hostile no matter what or how i try to overcome Marketh? It is too long ago since i played the original version way back when it was released, so maybe it was so in the original game as well. I don't believe that a bug is causing this.

I hope someone can shed some light on this issue. Maybe there is also a way to revive or turn friendly those NPC, if so, please tell me how it can be done (exact console command) - only relevant if this is indeed some sort of error, since i don't like to kill them. Could be that they got some reward of sorts.

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    A charm spell may work. They are not quest essential so you can go past them with mass invisibility. I had the same issue with the mass of gnomes down the lift (including the guy who accepts the potatoes). All I can think is that I clipped them with a fireball or cloud kill when fighting the nearby umber hulks