Skip to content

Going from SoD to BG2..

When you import from SoD to BG2, is there an exact save game like final save which will be used? Or do you pick from your previous saves?

Also what should I do to make sure the items I want get imported? (These items are all on the import list, e.g. Voidhammer, Belt of Skilful Belt, etc.)

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    You pick which save you want.

Not all equipment transfers over even if in your inventory. I've not seen a list of what all transfers but it's not everything.
  • dracostrikedracostrike Member Posts: 151
    I know which items transfer so that isn't a problem, it's more picking the right save ^^
  • ReiRei Member Posts: 66
    edited June 2016
    The game creates a final save for you. But it actually does this BEFORE the final battle. You'll probably want to use that save because...

After the final battle you'll lose your companions and many of your items before the game actually ends.
    Is that right before the lift?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I wouldn't worry about that. The best time to create a file for export is when you get back to the castle after defeating the boss, but before you go to sleep. Just make sure you transfer any items you want to carry over into the main character's inventory, then create a save. Call it "BG2 export" or some such.
    What about the original items you could transfer (The Chainmail and the Helm), do I need in my inventory or can I still wear them?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Not sure. I had the Bard Hat (amongst other stuff) carry over, and I know I was wearing that.
    Cool, I am planning on bringing over someone with all of the possible items who is also tomed fully up ^^ Any idea where to find the void stuff though?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I think you are over thinking the transition. Plenty of new ways to get ahead in BG2
    I like the items that much ^^
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    Just remember you won't get them all back. Just a few, and the things from SoD are scattered around the world, not available immediately.

They're also nowhere near as powerful as other items in the game, for the most part.
    Yeah, I know but some of them can be used till endgame, like Bard Hat, Belt of Skilful Blade, Helm of Dumathorin and Archer's Eyes.
  • JoMassonJoMasson Member Posts: 2
    anyone has a list of those items we can transfert to BG2ee... It kinda upset me that we can't take them all to BG 2ee... Like dracostrike said some of them are really usefull and fill in the blank for some lacking in Bg2ee..
  • LoveViconiaLoveViconia Member Posts: 196
    edited June 2016
    Voidsword +3
    Voidhammer +3
    Robe of Red Flames
    Belt of the Skillful Blade
    Archer's Eyes
    Helmet of Dumathoin
    Bard Hat
    Biter +2
    Tangled Strings
    Buckler of the Fist +2
    Dragon Blade +3

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/53498/a-guide-to-new-magic-items-in-siege-of-dragonspear-spoilers#latest
    Post edited by LoveViconia on