Skip to content

F/M/T Question..

styggastygga Member Posts: 467
Are F/M/T's supposed to only have one weapon quick slot? I loaded up one in BG2, just to check, and I had two starting out.. Any way I can add a second via mod or whatever to the first game?

Comments

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Ya they only get one 'cuz no more fit due to their vast number of abilities ... kind of a bummer!

It's still not as bad as the Cleric/Thief having their Thieving ability in the Star icon (F12) ... ugh.
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Oh I didn't even notice that it was THAT full of abilities. Thanks for the quick answer... guess I'll just be jumping to inventory to swap to my varscona a lot lol.
    stygga said:

Oh I didn't even notice that it was THAT full of abilities. Thanks for the quick answer... guess I'll just be jumping to inventory to swap to my varscona a lot lol.

Yeah ... -_-; kind of breaks immersion but it works. Much more difficult in vanilla BG where the game doesn't pause on inventory ... >:)
  • styggastygga Member Posts: 467
    Lol yeah a bit.. I just throw it in my weapon slot, then exit and let the game auto put back my bow.. :S Just bought the robe of the X archmagi, now I can cast spells mid fight and not take off my armor for thieving skills. Makes things more "magey".
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited October 2012
    You could play in Tutu instead which used the BG2 engine (thus giving you two slots). You can even restore the GUI back to BG1 if that takes your fancy.

(Although I'm not sure if that would then revert back the quickslots...)
    Post edited by moody_mage on
    decado said:

You could play in Tutu instead which used the BG2 engine (thus giving you two slots). You can even restore the GUI back to BG1 if that takes your fancy.

*Shoots self*
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    edited October 2012
    As far as I know, no mage/thief of any kind has two weapon slots, in the first game... Hmm, lemme check...

That's the reason a Cleric/Thief has their thieving abilities in the special abilities menu - C/T gets two weapon slots, which is neat for a late-game Staff of the Magi + Staff of the Ram combo (in conjunction to Robe of Vecna which is kind of interestingly and potentially, the best armor a High level cleric/thief can use, but I am veering off now)... and they also get the watchacallin' it? Turn undead which should really be the special ability out of the two (thieving and as said, turn undead)

So yeah... one slot vs two slots with high impracticability... I like the former better.
    @Cheesebelly Yes in vanilla BG any mage/thief or fighter/mage/thief only gets one quick weapon slot.

Cleric/Thief bothers me having Thieving in the Special Abilities though! Turn Undead should seriously be there instead.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Well, in BG2 it is true that you can assign thieving under a hotkey, for instant "T" should be a free key. Ideally, NWN and Icewind Dale 2 had the best systems really - set it up as you want.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

C/T gets two weapon slots, which is neat for a late-game Staff of the Magi + Staff of the Ram combo

By the time you are talking about those weapons, though, you are in the BG2 engine where F/M/T's have two weapon slots.