Skip to content

Beta for 2.3 Now Available!

CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
edited June 2016 in Troubleshooting
A beta build of the 2.3 update for BG:EE, BGII:EE and SoD is now available on an opt-in basis. Please note that these builds are a work in progress, and the fixes planned for inclusion may change. Issues to be addressed in this build include those listed in the Upcoming Patch Preview thread.

To participate in this beta, you must first have purchased the game on the platform you wish to test on. Note that purchasing on Beamdog gives you access to the PC and Mac versions, while purchasing on Steam or GoG gives you access to the PC, Mac, and Linux versions.

Steam: Opt in to the beta for PC, Mac, or Linux by installing the game using the Steam client, then doing the following:
  1. Right-click on the game, and choose Properties.
  2. Click on the Betas tab.
  3. Under Select the Beta..., choose the option ending in "_beta" from the dropdown.
  4. Click Close.
Beamdog: If you were part of the Road to 1.3 or 2.0, you will find the Beta products in your Beamdog client. Just download and go! If you don't have these, you can request access to the PC version of the BG1 or BG2 betas by contacting support@beamdog.com. The SoD beta and Mac betas are not available through Beamdog at this time.

GoG:: This beta will not be available on GoG, but we are investigating the possibility of supporting betas on GoG in the future.
Post edited by Cerevant on

Comments

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    There is a major problem with several languages in the latest beta 2.3.67.1. I can't play in French and there probably is the same problem with some other languages.

Expected
    The game starts in the language you were using with older versions.

Observed
    The game starts in English, even if French was selected previously. You can change to French in the options, but it will restard in English anyway.
    File dialog.tlk is actually missing in several languages.
    Noticed on the Beamdog beta version, from standalone installer.

Additional information

I noticed WeiDU was reporting a problem while trying to extract the content of the dialog.tlk file in search of newly modified texts. This lead me to look for dialog.tlk, which is actually missing for all languages that include a dialogF.tlk file (notably german, italian, spanish, french, polish and japanese).

I'm using the Beamdog standalone client for the beta. I tried to repair the installation several times, even after a complete removal of the 00764 directory, to no avail.
    Another player also reported the problem in French with the Steam version.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    If you could put it into Redmine using the format in the first post here it would be helpful.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @mf2112 Here is the report.
    My understanding is this issue is serious enough not to be processed like a regular bug. It breaks 7 languages, most likely.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    @Isaya That is awesome, thank you very much. The devs have been great so far about getting things done so I am sure they will be looking at it soon.
  • anathema83anathema83 Member Posts: 47
    I have the same problem with polish language. Despite changing into polish I still have english
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    @anathema83 @Isaya The language issues should be fixed in 2.3.67.2. Please let me know if you are still having trouble.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Aaaaand...2.3 has shipped!
This discussion has been closed.