Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Whispers of the muse

TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 204

Hello! Since rolling a new character is somewhat similar creative process that designing a deck for Magic: the Gathering, I´d like to know where do folk get the ideas for characters, and their development. Also, what keeps you going forward in a playthrough - do you set some spesific goals, or do you want to achieve something - for example, casting 2nd lvl spells?

This week, I installed IWD2, rolled a solo character - drow monk/sorcerer, and was impressed by the elegance in both character creation and levelling up - having 16 stat points to buy your stats, all starting from 10, and the levelling up in any class you´d like to have. I do consider starting again, as I´m missing 2nd level spells, against encounters of what looks like 20 orcs I´d really like to have AoE in a shape of circle, as in Snilloc´s Snowball Swarm, instead of fan-shaped Burning Hands. Secondly, I really could have some dex, ideally 15, and rapid shot feat, giving me 2 attacks with -2 penalty on each. After reading that paladin gets charisma modifier for saving throw bonus, plus smite evil special ability, which adds charisma modifier to attack roll, I might get some entertraining solo sorceresque action, though an idea of paladin/bard kind of has it´s weird allure.