Skip to content

Weird Bug after purchasing voice pack

Alright, first forgive me if this is answered somewhere and I missed it. I did a search but I'm not very forum savvy. I had BG:EE on the iPhone 5 and it was fine. Recently said phone had an unfortunate encounter with a pool and came out the loser. So I got an iPhone 6s, reinstalled it and started playing. Worked great. Then I noted a voice pack for sale and figured "why not?" Purchase it and everything stops working. As soon as I launch I get the following message:
/users/Cameron/bgcode/code/libsql/sql_eval.c(1135):[invalid index] attempting to search a string column with NULL search

I have no idea what this means. What's worse is that deleting the game and reinstalling it does not solve the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @IllithidPie

First, Welcome to the boards! :) Thanks for the report.

Delete and reinstall may not fix the issue because the mod pack may install by default at that point...if there is a problem with the voice mod pack, it might re-occur upon reinstall.

I've got a 6s, let me see what I can find out tonight. Give me 24 - 48 hours to see what I can find on my own phone and I'll see where we stand.
    @IllithidPie

Ok, so I've installed BG on my 6s from scratch. Did NOT have anything installed prior. Upon installation I restored my purchases and bought the voice pack.

I can start, restart, close and restart the game and I can load both the tutorial and the main campaign as both pregen and created character.

The error message looks to me like potentially it's occuring from a bad baldur.lua file. I seem to remember us having this error before on some installations. I'm surprised that delete and reinstall doesn't fix it.

Let me verify: When you are talking about reinstallation, you are:

* Answering yes to any prompt that it will delete all of your data as well as your application.
    * Restoring from the App Store (re-download) and NOT just hooking your phone back up to your iTunes and letting it re-sync the app from there.
    * Holding down (long press) on the BG:EE icon and then pressing the "X" that appears to uninstall the application?

Also, have you used a program like iFunBox to make any modifications or upload/download files to/from your iPhone?

Just checking some basics as we try to figure out what's wrong.
  • IllithidPieIllithidPie Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the quick response!
    *Yes, I answer delete to the prompt that it will delete all data.
    *Yes, restoring the app from the App Store
    *Yes, long pressing the icon until it shakes in terror and then hitting the x mercilessly.
    *No, I have not used any programs like IFunbox.
    Oh, now that I think about there is one other piece of information which seems relevant. When I initially purchased the voice pack I had to confirm payment information, which I did and it said purchase successful. When I relaunched BG however I noted that it wasn't showing as installed. I hit the restore purchases button. THAT'S when it went kaflooey.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited June 2016
    @Illydth would know more than me but I'm pretty sure hitting the "Restore Purchases" button is required to get the DLC to activate. So hitting it shouldn't have caused any problems.
    No and actually when I installed on my phone last night I did go through the steps of restoring my Neera/Dorn/Rassad purchases as well, so again, I don't think that's the problem.

The error message seems like something we've delt with / seen in the past. Let me continue to do some digging.
    Thanks folks. I really appreciate the help. Technologically speaking, I think I am about as savvy as a paramecium.