Skip to content

Android/IPad Delays - Can we at least get v2.0?

Hey, I understand if you are having trouble getting SoD just right for the tablet/phone market, but could you at least release version 2.0? Then I can get my half-orc shaman started and play BG1EE while we wait.

Comments

• rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    I don't think it's as simple as "just release 2.x". Or they would have done so already.
  • JuniperJuniper Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2016
    I am all for them taking as much time as they need, but I would love it if they would provide an update.

Even a "we've run into more issues than we were expecting, and it could be 3+ more months" would be appreciated. :)
  • SolmageSolmage Member Posts: 31
    I honestly would like a statement too, even if it's "we estimate 3 months and it's possible it'll go longer than that" for an iPad version or BGEE update. Or even if it's "we really have no way to estimate, but it won't be soon. Think Xmas, maybe"

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Bump...it's still be nice to know at least an estimate...
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Southpaw said:

Bump...it's still be nice to know at least an estimate...

That would be a worse business decision than what Beamdog is currently doing, because a lot of it relies on Apple to approve things.

Oh, and before someone tries the silly line of "It takes X days for an app to get approved on average", maybe you should go through the process yourself as a developer/entrepreneur before you think it's just that easy.

• CalemyrCalemyr Member Posts: 238
    edited June 2016
    I would just like a sticky saying something along the lines of: "Yes, we're still working on it. Apple and Google are royal pains when trying to get projects of this size through, and the format we'll need for this is simply too big for iPads, so we're experimenting with other solutions. As for releasing a form of V2 for the tablets, we're working on an update that should work especially well on tablets, so until work on that is done, we don't think it's worth the ungodly bureaucracy needed to get a sub-par version out to you. We will update this post when there's more to tell, but have some faith in us and know we are still hard at work."

That's all I'd like. Just get some guy with a blue background to put a no-reply sticky up giving us the status on this stuff. Maybe a status bar if you want to be fancy or, hell, emotes to encapsulate the current rate of progress: :) for "Slow and steady, we're on the road", :'( for "We've had some recent roadblocks. Nothing we can't handle, but it's slowing us down." :s for "What the hell is wrong with this world?! We're currently finding more problems than solutions." And maybe B) for "Who's badass? We are. Just overcame a major hurdle. We're not done yet, but this is a big step." And possibly finishing off with >:) for "We just had an idea for something new that you haven't asked for, but we know you'll like."

Or, if you want to make it entertaining and have a good writer that's bored, write the notes in the voices of various characters. Minsc: "My friends at Beamdog just asked me to say... hmm... what does this word mean, Boo? Oh, yes, yes. And that one? Ah, I think I understand. They are saying they have too big of an apple to fit into a tube and if they push to hard you will get nothing but applesauce. What I do not understand is why they do not use a sword to cut the apple up and push the pieces down the tube. See, Boo? A good sword solves all problems. Okay, Boo, okay. Most problems, then.""
    Post edited by Calemyr on