Skip to content

Rare party ideas

Hi,
I used to play strong parties or solo, but now i want to play smthing different.
My current pc is a not optimazed blackguard, and i want some unused or not the best npcs for him.
What do you think about: faldorn, tiax, eldoth, skie, but what others ?
They all comes late, which npc use until i get them ?

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Plenty of evil or close to NPCs to choose from, maybe Safana as she makes an appearance in SoD.
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Does it need to be NPCs? Why not roll more non-optimal companions yourself and keep 2-3 slotsfree for NPCs?
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    I've never played with a premade party, but if you do, who is the main dude? Who gets te powers and who has to die to achieve the 'game over' cinematic?

Peace!
  • ChadChad Member Posts: 90
    Riderat said:

I've never played with a premade party, but if you do, who is the main dude? Who gets te powers and who has to die to achieve the 'game over' cinematic?

Peace!

Whoever is in the first slot when you venture forth is Charname, the rest are golems since no banter (other than that which goes on in your head)... The last slot could rotate in and out, maybe even intentionally put someone in there that will perhaps not mesh with someone else to watch the fireworks. :)

In regards to the party leading up to when you get the ones you list, I recommend you organically pick folks as you go, keep the ones you like or compliment your party and kill/release those you find worthless or annoying.

• alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    Pick up Garrick. I like him but others swear that he's as non-optimal as they come.
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Chad said:

the rest are golems since no banter (other than that which goes on in your head)...

Self-created companions do say something too eventually (depending on race/class), but only rarely. It cannot be compared to real NPC companions, but there's no need to create six such "golems".
  • dracostrikedracostrike Member Posts: 151
    I say use Neera, new areas, fun banters, decent romance and Wild Magic is so funny to use XD
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    Hm ,garrick is nice idea, may use him with, xzar and montaron early, cause i need a thief.
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    Rassad comes pretty early and playing with a low level monk is different. There is also Xzar and Montaron who are both rather unique; Tiax is of course nut but he is late in the game as is Qualye and Alora (unless you have mods).

Elodth you can pick up in chapter 3 doing cloakwood but personally I tend to feed him to the closest basalisk and Skie is a late addition and probably should stay home;

Safana is a good thief to have along if you don't bring Imoen.

Yeslick is in Cloakwood as well - makes a good cleric if you don't have one yet.

And Neera if you haven't traveled yet with a wild mage - take one along just to see what happens.

Baeloth is entertaining but you have to be a higher level (I think it was 4-5) or something before you can even meet him.
    Neera is too random for me, and often annoys me her presence. But i dont know why i want skie aroune, may eldoth too.
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    Danacm said:

Neera is too random for me, and often annoys me her presence. But i dont know why i want skie aroune, may eldoth too.

Ah but that is the thrill of having Neera around because of the unpredictability of her magic - sometimes its great (5 levels higher and she kills in one shot) sometimes its lower and your spell does almost absolutely nothing and some times if the wild surge hits you can become a wolf or have some fun side effects that do nothing. Makes having one less predictable and means you have to compensate just in case since your mage might not be able to bail your butts out of the fire - yes it can be annoying during a crucial battle but after playing the game a few times anything that changes the game (in a non-mod game) is worth trying out.

I personally wanted to drown both of them if the game had allowed it but instead I kicked them out when we were magically poisoned in BG and so I imagine them groaning and suffering someplace; Skie only survives because she makes it home and her father is powerful and rich but Eldoth kicks the bucket and gets what is coming to him in a horrible after life full of brimstone and darkness in one of the 18 levels of hell.

For a different play through (without mods) then role-play more - for example I have a cleric/thief multiclass gnome who is rather normal in terms of stats (the only stat the shines is DEX and CHA). What kind of story does your blackguard have - how did he even become a blackguard under the watchful eye of Gorion and the priests at Candlekeep, what motivates the PC to do what he does and act in his own way? Does the whispering of his patron demon make him act out oddly at times which causes him to kill a random person?
    Hm, i like roleplaying @magisensei , here is my blackguards backstory, just a little bit too long.
    Sorry for my english its not my native.

My backstory, yeah i have one.
    Godric, the name of my blackguard, he never been a cruel or guilty person, just want to live in peace and want to be his environment is in peace. He read a lots of books about wars, gods, faith, morality and law. He realized that gorion is true, the hapiness for the people is only reachable with laws, strict laws and Godric beleives its only been warrantable, if a suitable leader rules the people and grant peace by his will. Btw he loves gorion, as a wise and true foster father, that save him from starvation and death. And his best friend imoen, a little cutie girl, she always made him laugh.
    Godric was the best swordsman apprentice from time immemorial, he was fast, durable and as strong as a bull, nobody knows, where his strength from. He enjoyed his life in candlekeep.
    After some years, bad dreams came to disturb his nights. He saw anarchy, riot, armies of chaos that massacre all who lives, and who is kind of his life, imoen and Gorion. He couldnt accept is, and want to save everything that important to him, the peace and his "family". He sought every day in the books something, something that can help him, he knew, gorion is wise, but he did not make it seriously. But found nothing, just a name, Zaedor. In a forgotten codex, it was a little, side note, that if smbod needs help, justc all Zaedor in the right moment, and they help, if they can make an agreement. Day after day, he tried to use the name, but nothing happened, and one day, Gorion who seemed frustrated or feared, told you to pack up and get ready for a travel, because something wrong here, and you knew what will happen. He said goodby to all, and went with Gorion. And yes, he foresaw the ambush, after His foster father shouted to run, run away he want, want to fight and help Gorion, but a strange power not let to did it. He saw Gorions death, and he knews its the end for him too, the armored monsters soldiers came after their master, and started to sought for him for unknown reason. There were no escape. This is the moment, he thought and shouted - Zaedor - and waited. At that moment a little winged ugliness revealed from nothing and smiled. This moment seemed endless, he did not realized the outer world, nor the trees, soldiers, nothing. Just concentrated the little beings words. I am Zaedor, messenger of the greatest power, tell me human, do you want to live ? - they asked, - Yes - told Godric. I can save you human, but there is a price for that, do you pay the price human ? - asked from the distracted Godric, - yes, whatever is the price, i ought you to pay it, to save me to get the chance to avange my beloved fathers death - said the broken hearted youngling. Let it be - said Zaedor - the price is your soul, and to serve my master, but you get more than you desire, you get not to just save you to avange, but power and tendentiousness to reach your goals, because my, hm, our master needs the strongest champions to serve. You are the luckiest human in this world, to be choosen by my master. I will follow you, and teach to use your new powers, and to help you to proclaim our masters biddings - said the little creature, and started to laugh.
    After that moment, everything get black, and he dreamed again, and this dream was something different, he saw his aims, as a king himself who lead an army, who bring peace and law in this world, and punish hars who dare to resist his will, he will bring the new world to this lands.
  • ThorgaazThorgaaz Member Posts: 46
    all hail for edwin, and virconia
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    Thorgaaz said:

all hail for edwin, and virconia

Viconia

My current playthrough is with BG EE with a gnomish Fighter/Illusionist and a full party containing only women (currently Imoen, Jaheira, Dynaheir, Branwen, Neera). If one of them starts to nag I´m going to replace her with Safana. B)

• DreamingViksDreamingViks Member Posts: 87
    I really recommend giving Garrick and Quayle a go.

In all honesty, Garrick is not very power-gamey but he has a nice voiceset, good spell level and bard song is not at all useless as some claim. Pickpocket is also, unlike BG2, very useful!

Qauyle gets a bad rep for his low wisdom, but it really doesn't matter. Mage/cleric is such an OP typing. He is, imo, one of the best NPCs in the game. The same can actually be said for Alora..