Skip to content

Bug: Dread wolves are immortal after current patch? (Dragonspear 2.3.67.2)

RannRann Member Posts: 168
I downloaded the latest patch yesterday. I entered the Bloodbark Grove, and all Dread Wolves are seemingly immortal now. You can get them down to unconscious, as if they were trolls, but they don't take damage after that, and a while they pop up again fully recovered. I've never seen anything like that in the game before. In an effort to get through the area, I started Ctrl-Y cheating them, and even that didn't work. Pressing Ctrl-Y *after* a hit immediately after they got up did work about a third of the time. Very weird. Reloading to an earlier save didn't fix the problem. No other creatures seem affected.

I'm wondering if they finally got switched to undead status (there's been discussion on that in the past), but in a way that broke them.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Does acid or fire work once they are down?
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    (Sorry for delayed response; I got sidetracked for while.) No, that doesn't work.
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Cannot confirm. Fire arrows (from Corwin and Safana) worked for me yesterday, but not with every hit. Some lying on the ground I've had to hit a couple of times before they would be killed.