Skip to content

Bug: Quest items dropped by creatures sometimes missing

Sargon1Sargon1 Member Posts: 25
I noticed this at least twice, both times in Watcher's Keep. The first time, I got stuck at the second level after I couldn't find the Scepter of Air for the life of me. Later, I found out that it is supposed to be dropped by the Guardian of Air or some such. I already killed everything on the level including the herd of air elementals, so I scanned every pixel of the level and found nothing. When I reloaded a save, the Guardian spawned and dropped normally.

On the 4th level, I cleaned the Illithid encampment, but I ran across the closed door, remembered the key rod I found in one of the containers, and went to the Githyanki one, thinking that maybe I need something from there. Picked it clean, but no key. Went online and found out you're supposed to get the second half of the rod from an Ulitharid in the encampment. Looked really hard, but there was nothing on the floor on the entire level. This time, the closest save I got was the start of the chapter. I had to resort to EEkeeping the correct rod in. Immersion turnoff, big time.

In both cases, I don't know whether the creature in question failed to spawn, the item failed to drop, or whether it disappeared after I rested. Either way, it's an extremely annoying bug that ruins the immersion and forces walkthrough lookups, reloads, and/or save modification.