Skip to content

Dorn Romance Broken After Updating to V2.3?

09jambi9009jambi90 Member Posts: 8
So I updated to V2.3 while the Dorn romance was in progress. I've already had the first romance scene (my character slept with him once). I loaded up my game today, after updating, and finished the Resurrection Gorge quest. I know that there is supposed to be another romance scene with Dorn almost immediately after finishing Resurrection Gorge, but it didn't happen. It's supposed to happen, I believe, the first time you rest after finishing Resurrection Gorge. So I tried resting again. Still nothing. I tried reloading. Nothing. I tried resting several times in a row to see if Dorn would ever initiate the romance dialog. Big surprise: Didn't work.

So, um, did the update break existing romances? Because if it did, I'm going to have to start the entire game over AGAIN.

Does it have something to do with the fact that I trapped both demons in the Abyssal Blade, making Dorn a fallen blackguard? Because that was never a problem in the past.

I tried checking the romance variables with C:GetGlobal("DORN_ROMANCE","GLOBAL")
I got a message saying that that command or whatever doesn't exist.

So what to do now?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    What does it say when you do C:GetGlobal("DORNROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL")
  • 09jambi9009jambi90 Member Posts: 8
    elminster said:

What does it say when you do C:GetGlobal("DORNROMANCEACTIVE","GLOBAL")

It says that it is set at 1

I'm guessing that means that the romance is just lagging? Because I've done the sparring with him, and slept with him once. I'm guessing that sleeping with him for the first time equals 1.
  • amikaamika Member Posts: 34
    weird! try force talking to him and see if it triggers for now.
    mf2112
    edited June 2016
    What value do you get when you check C:GetGlobal("DornLovetalks","GLOBAL")
    elminster said:

What value do you get when you check C:GetGlobal("DornLovetalks","GLOBAL")

It says the love talks are set to 15.
    amika said:

weird! try force talking to him and see if it triggers for now.

I did try that. He just stands there like a doofus. Thank you for the suggestion, though.
    edited June 2016
    Can you attach a copy of your save file here? Throw the save files folder in a zip or rar file and then either post it here or on a third party site. I'd like to check it out.

It looks like the timer is in real time. Its probably 5400 real time seconds (in other words resting in-game won't make a difference). So it probably will trigger if you were to leave your computer on for an hour and a half or keep playing. But I want to check it out all the same.
    elminster said:

Can you attach a copy of your save file here? Throw the save files folder in a zip or rar file and then either post it here or on a third party site. I'd like to check it out.

It looks like the timer is in real time. Its probably 5400 real time seconds (in other words resting in-game won't make a difference). So it probably will trigger if you were to leave your computer on for an hour and a half or keep playing. But I want to check it out all the same.

Thank you for your advice and for offering to check my save file. Unfortunately, I just started over from a save before I did Resurrection Gorge, just before Dorn reached level 12. All of my quick saves and auto saves have been saved over.

However, if this happens again after I redo Resurrection Gorge, I will give you a copy of my save.

Many thanks, wise and mighty Elminster. :smile:
  • OnoxOnox Member Posts: 23
    Hello,

Did patch 2.3 have any undocumented change regarding romances ? It's weird but it might have broken my romance with Jaheira too...

I am referring to this page : http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=310.0

Here is what happened to me :

Before the patch, the last LoveTalk which I experienced was 66: 'We have to be nearing our goal. ..'

Now, it had been a while since that dialogue happened, and I was starting to get worried. I checked with Jaheira :

C:GetGlobal("LoveTalk", "LOCALS")

and it returned 70. I think I fixed it by doing :

C:SetGlobal("LoveTalk", "LOCALS", 67), then resting, and dialogue 68 occured.

I have no idea what went wrong, but 68 and 70 had definitely been skipped before I used the above commands :(

But I have a question : why do the dialogues have 2 by 2 increments ? I entered 67 above because I "guessed" that if I entered 68, I might not see dialogue 68. Now, I am at 69. Are the odds numbers some sort of waiting state ?

Thanks
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited June 2016
    According to the guide I used 'We have to be nearing our goal. ..' should have been 65, but I guess setting it to 66 is fine since it is before 67 which is the next love talk listed. Not sure on the numbering, sorry.

Do you have any mods installed?

Also, I found this extended love talk guide for the female chars in ToB, can't remember where.
    Onox
  • OnoxOnox Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2016
    Thank you for the guides, they will come in handy :)

After resting once more, the final dialogue with Jaheira triggered. Now, it remains to be seen if Terminsel/Elminster will appear. It's my first BG2 game, so I have no idea how it's supposed to happen.

I have the following mods installed, nothing related to romances :

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1150 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1230 // Allow Cespenar to Use Cromwell Recipes: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer): Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // Change Grandmastery Bonuses -> True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2261 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2271 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2281 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2291 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No Level Progression Changes, PnP Druid/Cleric Spell Table Only: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2300 // Triple-Class HLA Tables: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2312 // Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters (BETA) -> Arcane & Divine Magic: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e): Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps (Ardanis/GeN1e): Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2339 // Remove Summoning Cap for Regular Summons: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2340 // Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e): Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2350 // Alter Multiclass Restrictions -> Allow humans to multiclass: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2371 // Alter Dual-class Restrictions -> Allow non-humans to dual-class: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2420 // Loosen Equipment Restrictions for Cleric Multi-Classes: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2430 // Loosen Equipment Restrictions for Druid Multi-Classes: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2999 // Max HP at Level One: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Unlimited Ammo Stacking: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Unlimited Potion Stacking: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Unlimited Scroll Stacking: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Are Never Angry About Reputation: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3123 // NPCs Don't Fight: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth): Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good: Beta 4
    ~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4100 // Change Korgan to Neutral Evil: Beta 4
    ~SETUP-VALHORN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Horns of Valhalla v1.2: 1.3
    ~IMPROVEDNONDETECTIONCLOAK/SETUP-IMPROVEDNONDETECTIONCLOAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improve the Cloak
    In addition to this, I have a spell whose I changed the durations, and a custom armor (new item cloned from an existing one). They don't appear in the list because I haven't learned WeiDU yet... but I'd like to, I have an idea about a new weapon that might be interesting. I don't think I could make the new graphics though, I can do simple things, but I am not an artist :(
    mf2112
    So I finally got back to Baldur's Gate II. After doing another lengthy mission that took me about an hour and a half (in real life), I ultimately got the sought-after romance scene with Dorn (the one that's supposed to promptly follow Resurrection Gorge).

It's just weird: I know for a fact that I got that romance scene immediately after finishing "Dorn's Bloody Path" the first time I played through. Why did it take an hour and a half (in real time), and a couple of days (in-game time) this time around? Seems kind of laggy, and, dare I say, unrealistic in story-telling terms. I've noticed that other dialogues seem to be slow-coming, too. And not just ones between my character and people in my party. For example: Hexxat used to flirt with Viconia almost immediately after I recruited Hexxat. But in this play-through, after 2.3, it took about a week in-game time. And I still haven't gotten the conversation between Hexxat and Dorn, the one where Dorn asks her to turn him into a vampire. It seems almost like the dialogues are scrambled, and being blocked by something.

But, whatever; problem solved. But it seems like some other people are having trouble with their romances after update 2.3.
    Onox